- Code and direct local newscasts using Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control environment.
- Work with producers and news talent in a collaborative effort to execute a flawless newscast.
- Direct, edit, and produce technical aspects of newscasts and other productions such as promos, cut-ins, special reports, and other projects assigned inside a studio environment or outside.
- Responsible for the on-air product, including camera shots, graphic and clip playback, lighting, monitors, sets, and any other technical aspect of the production.
- Edit video/audio and create graphic elements for the newscasts or any other production as required.
- Additional duties as needed/assigned to better the production of the newscast.
• Minimum 3 years of TD/ Directing experience with Ross Overdrive Production Automation, or similar.
• Minimum 3 year’s experience in audio, video and graphics editing platforms such as but not limited to Grass Valley Edius, Avid iNews, and Adobe Premiere.
• Experience working with automated systems including but not limited to robotic camera controls, graphic/clip playback, and ingest.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary) early mornings, evenings, holidays, and extended hours.
• Must be willing to perform any task assigned for the betterment of the newscast.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com
• Must be able to work any of a 24 x 7 schedule.
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, Colorado.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must provide a demo Reel of sample work.
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal’s Dispute resolution program.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Bi-lingual; fluent in both Spanish and English.
• Degree in Journalism and/or Mass Communication preferred.
• Strong oral/written communications and interpersonal skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to make proper “live show” judgment decisions to adapt to changes before and during the newscasts.
• Must have strong non-linear editing skills.
• Detailed oriented and capable of working under tight deadlines.
• Experience with technical switching and with multiple video/audio playback units.
• Ability to assist with camera operations and configuration, equipment changes and modifications.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot equipment failure, fix and find solutions to maintain quality of newscast on-air.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.