- Job Description
The Assignment Manager is responsible for being the lead for incoming news stories which includes information gathering, planning, and coordinating news coverage across all station platforms.
- Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job Description
- Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services, and community groups
- Dispatches photographers, reporters, and other personnel to cover stories
- Coordinates logistics for news personnel
- Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories and works with the News Director to develop plans for all broadcasts
- Assists in development, planning, and follow-up of all news stories
- Edits video clips as assigned
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in news operations.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment.
- Conduct beat calls and contact public information officers to gather information.
Answer calls from viewers and develops possible story ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift and all shifts, including nights and weekends.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled