Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
- Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station.
- Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station.
- Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions.
- Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts.
- Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, work stations and printers.
- Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel.
- Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems.
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
- Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Requirements of position:
- Be able to operate for extended periods in extremes of heat and cold, wind, rain, ice and snow.
- Be able to travel on foot, for extended distances, on steep grades, at high altitude, in adverse conditions, carrying tools & equipment.
- Be able to operate and/or travel on Off-Highway Vehicles including ATVs, snowmobiles, and snowcats.
- Be able to conduct basic vehicle services such as: winching and recovery operations, tire chain application, flat tire repair & replacement.
- Be able to operate at significant height from the ground, using ladders, man lifts, and climbing safety equipment.
- Be able to lift and carry a weight of up to 50lbs, and lift and position such weights overhead.
- Be able to stand for extended periods, crouch, crawl, climb, bend, descend to and rise from the ground, and operate in any combination of such positions.
- Knowledge and experience operating outdoors in remote areas a strong plus.