CHIEF SALES & MARKETING OFFICER
Would you like an opportunity to grow and progress in your career with an excellent employer? Do you want an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of your community? Would you like to support efforts to provide meaningful learning opportunities and fun entertainment? If so, apply here for the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer position at Rocky Mountain Public Media!
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop Hip-Hop and R&B radio station. Over a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
The Chief Sales & Marketing Officer is a key member of the leadership team. The position works closely with the CEO and other organization leaders to develop the organization's overall marketing, sales and engagement strategies and priorities, then drives the strategy through the team's day-to-day execution. The Chief Sales & Marketing Officer oversees four critical, inter-connected RMPM departments marketing/creative services, engagement, underwriting, and Regional Innovation Centers and is responsible for establishing the overall strategy for each, connecting back the objectives to the overarching organizational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Strategic Planning & Sales:
- Create standardized outreach for current and future underwriting partners and coordinate its implementation across sales channels, client management, marketing and communications.
- Develop revenue and membership growth strategies with other key leaders across the organization to grow revenue and enhance the member experience.
- Develop and direct inter-departmental communications strategies that drive efficiencies and unification of internal and external brand messaging and organizational values.
- Develop annual internal/external marketing and engagement plans to build awareness of our entire portfolio of products to current and potential members and underwriters.
- Provide coaching and strategy to reinforce high performing teams who feel deeply connected to serving and growing our membership.
- Develop strategies to help build pipeline of future members and participate in the conversion of those audiences to members wherever possible.
- Work with Audience Insights Manager, Vice President of Membership and others to understanding audience trends to create ongoing opportunities for growth.
- Develop a cohesive marketing strategy to integrate and maximize the value of all Rocky Mountain Public Media assets to current and future members.
The position also includes managing the areas of Engagement, Brand Position and Messaging, Community Partnerships, Promotional/Sales Asset Management, and Fiscal Management. See full job description on the RMPM website for details.
Minimum Qualifications of Position:
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, business management or similar is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of executive-level business development, marketing and management required.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary departments (broadcast, radio, promotions, sales, print, digital, social and event marketing) required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in budget development and P/L management.
- Prior experience managing a team of 10 or more direct and indirect reports required.
- Prior experience analyzing audience research required.
- Experience developing and overseeing implementation of public relations strategies across traditional broadcast and digital media platforms required.
- Experience creating integrated marketing programs and strategic marketing plans required.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, multidimensional culture.
- A similar mix of knowledge/skills/experience/education will be considered.
Preferred Qualifications of Position:
- 5-10 years prior experience working in a media environment is preferred.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs. Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.