Rocky Mountain Public Media is committed to elevating the voices of every community in Colorado; strengthening the civic fabric by increasing cultural awareness and understanding. We are looking for a passionate and detail-oriented collaborator to join our content team as a Content Coordinator. This person will work closely with external storytellers and community partners, and internal content creators, to ensure content and programming carried on RMPBS' platforms exemplifies our mission and is representative of our many communities around Colorado. This position will work closely with the programming and master control teams, providing assistance when needed to support on-air operations.
Job duties include:
- Actively work with Independent Producers, film festivals and other documentary- or production-focused organizations around Colorado to increase the diversity of our programming and storytellers.
- Screen submitted works from external independent producers and internal sources to ensure it meets RMPM and PBS technical standards.
- Communicate with independent producers to move projects through identified "pipeline" for distribution.
- Ensure needed paperwork, licenses and insurance is obtained and signed for each project.
- Ensure needed information and details about a program are obtained and entered into appropriate platforms to share with others; show descriptions, listings, multimedia attachments, timing, etc.
- Provide backup and support to Programming, Traffic and Master Control functions.
Ideal candidates should have the following skills:
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter.
- Creative problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Organizational skills, project management experience preferred
- Knowledgeable about PBS standards and guidelines for production preferred. Have a working knowledge of similar guidelines for APT, NETA and other primary distributors PBS works with.
- Extensive knowledge of editing systems, with 2-4 years' experience editing professional-level video content; Adobe Creative Cloud proficiency preferred. Plus the ability to clearly describe editing situations and solutions to others through various means of communication (email, phone, etc.).
- Degree or college course work in Communications, Journalism, Filmmaking, or related field.
RMPM offers a comprehensive benefit package, including:
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision benefit options
- Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 counselors and assistance
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Flexible schedules
- 403(b) retirement savings account, with employer contributions
- Employer-paid Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Great co-workers!
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position should submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening. 2. A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience. 3. Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.