Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Digital Content Executive Producer
The role of the Digital Executive Producer (DEP) is to own the editorial presentation of FOX21 News Digital properties and to help drive and implement a digital first strategy in the newsroom. This is a newsroom management position and as such, the DEP is responsible for managing digital content producers, broadcast producers, reporters and photographers; newsroom workflow, task delegation and assignment abilities are paramount. This position should be recognized by the level of urgency brought to bear on the everyday digital execution of the brand. This person will be held accountable for our Digital footprint and as such will asked to hold others accountable to their roles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own content display across desktop and mobile
- Be a leader in the newsroom
- Manage reporters and staff in the shift to digital first
- Be a fixture in the morning and afternoon editorial
- Supervise generation of digital in-depth coverage of the day
- Contribute content to relevant events and/or stories as needed
- Assist with special project/sweeps planning & execution
- Work irregular/odd hours and available to work weekends and holidays
- Think strategically about developing the sites’ audiences and online capacities of newsroom
- Help develop new opportunities to expand news brand and services to new & emerging technologies
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
- Brand Execution
- Work in tandem with News Director and other news managers
- Execute breaking news – including SMS, social media, email alerts
- Develop and maintain new sections of the web site as news coverage dictates
- Plan for the long-term growth of the sites, sets priorities and plans coverage for major events
- Manage social media – station staff posts and moderation of user comments
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Content Executive Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer