DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop Urban Alternative Radio. Over a million Coloradans turn to us to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
We are seeking experienced and dynamic candidates for our Director of Corporate Partnerships position to help us move to the next level.
The Director of Corporate Partnerships will lead strategic underwriting sales efforts in support of Rocky Mountain Public Media's (RMPM) mission, goals, and portfolio of products. The position is responsible for attaining the Underwriting Department's budget goals and maximizing the station's underwriting revenue by organizing and motivating the underwriting staff. In addition, the Director will collaborate closely with other departments to develop compelling sales strategies to support revenue efforts statewide, while meeting or exceeding personal and department revenue goals. The position manages the budget, provides sales coaching and training, builds relationships with current and potential corporate partners, and ensures excellent customer service leading to high levels of underwriting sales and contract renewals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develops creative sales strategies to meet or exceed revenue goals leveraging RMPM's full portfolio of products, including Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz Radio, and The Drop Urban Alternative Radio.
- Works closely with the Manager of Corporate Support to engage with other internal team leaders (Membership, Creative Services, Leadership Giving and Content) to find efficiencies and support best practices in terms of collaboration, data/analytics/metrics and organizational branding.
- Develops strategic partnerships, where appropriate, with like-minded organizations in the market to expand RMPM's influence and reach.
- Leads a team of sales professionals to develop, manage and grow underwriting revenue from corporate partners throughout the state.
- Develops a strategic plan to leverage staff, volunteers and other department resources to achieve revenue goals.
- Directs the underwriting process, planning, reporting, forecasting and business development for RMPM.
- Manages pricing objectives, profit improvement and other revenue opportunities for RMPM.
- Provides inspirational leadership and coaching to create a positive and productive team culture.
- Ensures and models best practices in sales/fundraising, high professional standards, strong staff management skills and impeccable ethics.
- Actively engages with peer-to-peer networks of sales managers and public media colleagues to share best practices and stay up-to-date on evolving techniques to maximize underwriting sales.
- Participates in efforts to develop insight into our current and future audiences to inform decision-making across the organization.
- Develops strategies to leverage market research and target audience data to best position our portfolio of products to current and potential corporate partners.
- Develops sales goals and manage the department's revenue budget.
- Manages a small portfolio of key accounts. Attends sales calls with members of the team to provide leadership as needed and to make introductions to new partners.
- Works with members of the team to generate creative customer-driven proposals that help our partners meet their business objectives.
- Supports and collaborates with the Manager of Corporate Support on client management and fulfillment initiatives to provide approvals, make sales decisions and resolve issues.
- Negotiates and renegotiates contracts for sales tools such as Nielsen, as well as manages ongoing evaluation of tools.
- Follows network and FCC guidelines regarding copy approval, copy and traffic deadlines, account receivables and collections.
- Reviews and approves underwriting contracts.
- Represents RMPM at external events and in senior leadership discussions.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree a plus, but not required.
- A minimum of five years' sales/underwriting experience, and/or training; or ten-year combination of education and experience are required.
- At least 3 years of managerial experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Knowledge of local market including relationships with key decision makers at C-Suite levels.
- Passion for public broadcasting; experience in public broadcasting is preferred but not required.
- Understanding and knowledge of multi-format sales strategies/integration including radio, television and digital platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and mentor.
- Results driven.
- Proven sales success.
- Commitment to our mission and to demonstrating our organizational values of integrity, collaboration and responsiveness.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs. Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.