Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
POSITION PURPOSE: Bonneville Denver is looking for a Marketing and Promotions Director to lead the brand marketing and promotional strategy for our radio group . This leader will direct the activities of supervisors, and engage in the planning and execution of marketing, promotions and sales promotions. This leader will also works cross departmentally to plan and execute marketing and promotional campaigns designed to drive ratings, revenue, and enhance the image and reputation of the Bonneville Denver radio group in the community.
- Participates in the ideation and creation of revenue generating programs and custom solutions for our clients to drive revenue
- Oversees and insures proper execution of station events, promotional project management, timelines and inventory
- Identifies, recruits, coaches and leads department to stay on top of all projects.
- Understands the requirements for and development of contest rules, contest execution and winner management
- Works directly with Programming and Sales to find marketing and revenue generating opportunities for each station.
- Hire, train, coach, and manage department supervisors and employees
- Works directly with community organizations and key station partners to create mutually beneficial campaigns.
- Participates in the creation of marketing campaigns including print, TV, direct mail at work and outdoor
- Coordination of major Promotions from inception to completion by working closely with and communicating with Sales Managers, Digital Director and Program Directors to include scheduling and coordinating execution of on air contesting and on the street marketing
- Manage the marketing and promotions budget and expenses. Work monthly to track expenses and adhere to expense guidelines
- Secure promotional partners for station and client events.
- Coordinate and attend weekly Promotions and Sales meetings as necessary
- Help to execute and support on-site station events during the week and occasional weekends and holidays
- Attend client meetings with sellers and sales managers as needed to plan events and event logistics. Work closely with sales account executives to coordinate all details of high dollar client programs
- Responsible for Community Relations and ensuring the proper outside image of all Bonneville Denver stations, i.e. appearance of promotion staff, signage, and station presence displayed to the maximum potential with the resources available
- Protect the company through strict adherence to signed agreements of all station promotions and events, serving as Legal Liaison to insure that all corporate legal requirements are met. Adherence to all FCC rules as well as Bonneville regulations regarding contesting to include writing all rules for all contests.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred and/or equivalent experience and training
- 5+ years experience in promotions or marketing
- Knowledge of FCC contest rules and policy
- Experience in planning, producing and executing radio station/community events
- Ability to learn new technologies and remain on the forefront of digital innovation as it pertains to the broadcast industry.
- Experience leading and managing a team of employees and supervisors; proven delegation, problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Experience in developing and managing a departmental budget.
- Experience with web content creation and maintenance as well as social media management.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to initiate and work independently, if necessary, and operate effectively in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent organization of detail & project completion required.
- Experience with event management, including logistical coordination, and execution.
- Project appropriate company image with respect to dress and demeanor and work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, listeners, vendors and clients.
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret statistical data and draw conclusions from finding and follow-through.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision, confidential information and be a self-starter.
- A high level of proficiency with computers, software and new technologies.
- Highly familiar with the benefits and shortcomings of all types of media including, but not limited to “heritage” media as well as all types of current and emerging social and digital media.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to serious liability risks.
- Possess excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.