Rocky Mountain Public Media is looking for an experienced Executive Producer to join our duPont-winning investigative team. We are looking for a passionate investigative journalist with the ability to be a strong leader to join our Insight program and build on the team's successful record of in-depth investigations presented on various platforms that truly impact our community.
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop Hip-Hop and R&B radio station. More than a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience with in-depth investigations, creating strategies around storytelling and raising awareness, identifying story ideas, and leading a team of highly-skilled journalists to execute a strategy. Candidates with some level of supervisory experience are preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Identify, plan, research and execute deeper level investigative initiatives of regional and national interest.
- Lead a highly trained team of investigators day-to-day to execute team initiatives, follow investigative threads and meet deadlines.
- Report and produce investigative pieces, including short and long broadcast and digital formats.
- Co-produce content for multiple platforms including broadcast, radio, digital, social, email, etc.
- Monitor industry trends, technology, and the station's competitive environment to help guide strategy and inform content direction.
- Participate in, or lead when needed, collaborations with outside media organizations to create joint content deliverables, shared content development strategies and/or content sharing arrangements.
- Create team schedules, story gathering calendars, and other materials to keep the team on track.
- Collaborate with leadership gift personnel as needed to secure and maintain support from members, donors and foundations.
- Liaison with general public, advisory boards, Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and other professional and community organizations, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Exceptional planning, organization, problem analysis and decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well and use good judgment under pressure with tight deadlines and to problem-solve when difficulties arise.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work with a team, and work within the established budget.
- Extensive knowledge of broadcast gear and tools; camera set-up, video and audio capturing programs and techniques, Premiere editing software, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of investigative tools and programs; FOIA requests, database searches, government agency requests, available resources on the state and federal level, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Mail, Calendars and SharePoint.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with strong track record of achievement.
- Six years minimum television experience, with two years' experience creating strategy.
- Proven success in investigative reporting.
- Proven success in strategic planning related to journalism production.
- Proven success in mentoring and managing workload of media professionals.
- Exceptional research skills, written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work occasionally long and irregular hours including occasional evenings, weekends. Must be able to travel as needed.
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable MVR insurable for driving station vehicles
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs. Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPBS, critiquing one episode of Insight with John Ferrugia, and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening. 2. A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience. 3. Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements. 4. Compensation requirements (optional).
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.