Morning Show Host on KEKB (Country Format)
Townsquare Media Grand Junction, CO has a rare opportunity to join our on-air lineup.
If you have an outgoing, upbeat personality and enjoy entertaining we want to talk with you!
Applicants must be social media savvy, regularly contribute content to the station’s website and YouTube channel. The successful candidate must be able to connect and engage with the station’s target audience by keeping up with relevant trends and new country music culture on a morning drive format.
This person wants to be in Western Colorado, and is eager to build relationships and value in our community.
This person also wants to be a part of a successful and growing Radio Company who highly values our brands, our talent and our family of employees. We take great pride in winning with radio, digital and live events.
If you do too, please send a cover letter, resume, references and MP3 demo to Market President, Natalie Redding – natalie.red[email protected]
• Must have superior knowledge of current events and ability to create radio topics based on news & information
• Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air, website blogs and social media outlets
• Create a minimum of 10 radio station website blogs per week
• Write assigned Facebook posts along with other social media outlets
• Conducts on-air interviews, attend and assist in all market cluster live events
• Monitors and identifies important news issues within the community and manage public file
• Produce commercials on a daily basis
• Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assist in special promotions and programming activities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills
• Public speaking skill and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting
• Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
• Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels and to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
• Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment
Education and Licensing Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Must possess valid state driver’s license
- May require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
Townsquare is a radio, digital media, entertainment and digital marketing solutions company principally focused on being the premier local advertising and marketing solutions platform in small and mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 321 radio stations and more than 330+ local websites in 67 U.S. markets, a digital marketing solutions company (Townsquare Interactive), a proprietary digital programmatic advertising platform (Townsquare Ignite) and approximately 200 live events. Our brands include local media assets such as KEKB, KMXY, KKNN, and KBKL.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.