Cheyenne Mountain Public Broadcast House, Inc. seeks a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative leader for its two full-time music broadcast services, Classical KCME and Jazz 93.5, serving southern Colorado and the Pikes Peak Region.
Successful candidates will have at least five years of increasingly responsible experience related to public and/or commercial radio, administration, leadership, community engagement, and supervision. Deep knowledge of the arts and culture, classical music, and jazz is highly desired.
Experience with budgeting, contract development, management, administration, on-air fundraising, and sales is essential. Interview and production skills are a plus. Scrupulous knowledge of and adherence to FCC and CPB regulations is mandatory.
The Classical KCME/Jazz 93.5 General Manager will be externally focused, developing and fostering key relationships within the cultural, philanthropic, and business communities of southern Colorado, while having a strong set of internal management skills to maintain best practices in organizational structure and processes.
- Oversee the day-to-day programs and operations activities of a radio and internet broadcast facility.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate program effectiveness; effect changes required for improvement.
- Oversee total program and local program production efforts, including acquisition, schedule development, proposal writing, creation of production projects, and contract negotiations.
- Oversee fundraising, including major giving campaign, and is responsible for assuring sufficient funds are available for station operations through donor development, membership development, donor cultivation and recognition, fundraising events, grant writing and reporting, and maintaining relationships with granting agencies and organizations.
- Develop and implement strategies for generating revenue for the station through underwriting and other means.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Develop annual operating budgets with the Business Manager and Development Director and provide fiscal direction to the station.
- Oversee marketing programs and activities, including website and print promotions;
- Oversee operational and technical systems necessary to carry out the on-air and internet operation of the stations and production of programs. Develop and implement initiatives to expand audience services, improve facilities, and update broadcasting technology.
- Represent the station to the community, particularly with regard to partners in music and the arts, to build collaborative relationships. Oversee station outreach to members, listeners, and the community at large.
- Work with the station’s Governing Board and Community Advisory Board, preparing regular station activity reports and seeking input on strategic planning and initiatives.
- Represent the station to other agencies and organizations involved in public media.
- Ensure compliance with FCC and CPB requirements.
About KCME and Jazz 93.5
Cheyenne Mountain Public Broadcast House, Inc., via Classical KCME and Jazz 93.5 FM, is a trusted source of quality music and arts content for the people of Colorado Springs and Southern Colorado. We are dedicated to a vital cultural community by sharing the artistic voices of Colorado Springs and the world, through broadcasting, digital platforms and community engagement.
Classical music on KCME is an oasis of beauty and sanity. As a cultural hub, KCME elevates the arts in southern Colorado. Since 1979, KCME has been the leading source of great classical music and cultural programming. We support and partner with so many of the community assets that make the Pikes Peak Region a great place to live. Classical music’s deep values, universal truths, and transcendent beauty help us maintain perspective and focus in our hectic world.
From its studios located in Colorado Springs, Jazz 93.5 FM is operated by the same people that bring you the quality music you have loved for years on its sister-station, KCME, which, in short, means overhead is minimal. Operating revenues are derived from community-minded businesses in our area, grant solicitations, and membership drives, which provide the lion’s share of support for the station. As independent radio station operators, we are proud to serve listeners in Colorado Springs and welcome your support.
In a July 18, 2018, report in U.S. News & World Report, Colorado Springs was ranked as the number one most desirable place to live in the country. Colorado Springs residents have easy access to the mountains and can take advantage of both hiking in the foothills and skiing at well-known resort towns in the Rockies.