HR Manager - Denver
Rocky Mountain Public Media, home to Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO radio, is the largest statewide, member-supported, multi-media network in Colorado. Rocky Mountain Public Media's mission is to strengthen the civic fabric in communities throughout Colorado, engaging audiences through high-quality, trusted programming, community programs and partnerships, and educational initiatives that inform, enlighten and entertain. To further this mission, Rocky Mountain Public Media seeks a full-time HR Manager.
DESCRIPTION: The HR Manager develops, maintains and administers the Human Resource management program of Rocky Mountain Public Media with key responsibilities in employment, salary administration, benefits, training, employee relations, EEO, legal compliance, and planning of staffing requirements. The HR Manager works under the direction of the CFO and is responsible for recommending and setting Human Resources policies and administers the RMPM intern and volunteer programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Human Resource Management
o Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
o Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
o Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
o Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
o Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
o Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
o Reviews and revises human resource policies including periodic updates to the Employee Handbook.
o Prepares budget of human resources operations.
o Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
o Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
o Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Employment, Benefits, and Salary Administration
o Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
o Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
o Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
o Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
o Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
o Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
o Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
o Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Other Duties:
o Direct RMPM employee engagement programs, volunteer programs and initiatives, and RMPM internship program.
o Administers annual department engagement survey and provide recommendations to senior leadership and the Board of Directors.
o Responsible for internal communication; create and implement internal communications via SharePoint.
o Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
o Other tasks as assigned and/or required.
This position directly supervises the Volunteer & HR Specialist.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree (Human Resources Management or similar degree preferred).
- At least three to five years of professional HR experience in progressively high-level positions. A similar combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Highly proficient and demonstrated knowledge and experience with Office 365 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and other Microsoft apps such as SharePoint.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and energetic team-oriented attitude.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Master's degree in Human Resource management
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential
- 4-10 years of professional HR management experience
- Proficient with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- HR Expertise
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with persons at all levels
- Maintains ethical practice and confidentiality
- Communication proficiency and collaboration skills
- Technical Capacity
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position should submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.