Would you like an opportunity to grow and progress in your career with an excellent employer? Do you want an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of your community? Would you like to support efforts to provide meaningful learning opportunities and fun entertainment? If so, apply here for the Investigative Producer position at Rocky Mountain Public Media!
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop Hip-Hop and R&B radio station. Over a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
The Investigative Producer develops, researches, writes and produces ground-breaking primary investigative and long form pieces for multiple platforms. Coordinates activities of personnel engaged in writing, directing, editing, and producing. Reviews synopses and scripts and directs adaptation. The position contributes story ideas and helps shape the editorial direction and consistency of programming at Rocky Mountain Public Media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develops, researches, writes and produces ground-breaking primary investigative and long form pieces for multiple platforms.
- Contributes story ideas and helps shape the editorial direction and consistency of programming.
- Demonstrates leadership and experience for other staff members.
- Works with news team for long-term editorial planning.
- Helps to establish deadlines and ensures that they are met.
- Writes copy for on-air and digital platforms.
- Performs computer-assisted reporting research and database analysis alone and with other team members.
- Conducts meetings with staff members to discuss production progress and results.
- Performs field production with photographers.
- Helps to determine guests when needed for shows.
- Trains others in the above skills as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must have required knowledge and skills for integrating content on digital and social platforms as part of the reporting process
- Able to travel and manage field logistics & production
- Exceptional writing, analysis, and video and text editing skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive reports
- Demonstrated ability to work and use good judgment under pressure.
- Must possess excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player who works collaboratively with teams, and must have a proven ability to collaborate with various producers/directors.
- Must have a proven ability to work within the established budget.
Minimum Qualifications of Position:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism/media or a related field, and/or exceptional job experience in journalism/media field with strong evidence of achievement.
- 4+ years' experience working in a media newsroom, with a proven record in investigative and/or long form content.
- Flexibility to work occasionally long and irregular hours including occasional evenings, weekends. Must be able to travel as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable MVR, insurable for driving station vehicles.
Preferred Qualifications of Position:
- Preferred candidates will have a strong contact and resource list
- Fluency in Spanish (verbal and written) is a plus
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs. Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.