Would you like to support a civic-minded mission doing creative, award-winning, highly respected work? If so, come join us!
Rocky Mountain Public Media, home to Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO Jazz radio, is Colorado's largest statewide, member-supported, multi-media network. Rocky Mountain Public Media's mission is to strengthen the civic fabric of Colorado by engaging audiences in innovative ways with meaningful community partnerships and high-quality, trusted journalistic, educational and cultural content.
Rocky Mountain Public Media seeks an Investigative Videographer/Editor to join the organization's duPont-winning investigative team. The Investigative Videographer/Editor is responsible for working with the investigative team to produce high-impact special reports, including video photography, motion graphics and editing. The position operates digital video equipment and associated computer hardware and software to support video production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the investigative team, produces investigative packages and long-form, documentary-style specials.
- Shoots video photography; using the entire Adobe Creative Cloud suite to create packages and shows such as Insight with John Ferrugia.
- Edits and formats programs utilizing digital video equipment and associated computer hardware and software.
- Uses lighting, spacing, and editing techniques to enhance images.
- Programs computer-based digital automated playback equipment, and troubleshoots signal and network cable transmission programming.
- Utilizes and maintains computer-based graphics files, editing software, and other video production support applications.
- Meets all technical requirements for broadcast, including closed captioning; versioning finished pieces for other broadcast and digital distribution.
- Duties may also include some producer-type responsibilities.
- Builds a pitch reel system of commonly occurring content elements.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to create compelling promotions.
- Collaborates with the engineering team to meet ongoing hardware and software needs.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and/or required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications of Position
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- At least 3+ years' experience in investigative video production.
- Demonstrated experience in producing high-quality, in-depth video storytelling.
- Working knowledge of the Telestream transcoding process.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable for driving company vehicles.
Preferred Qualifications of Position
- Spanish language speaking skills is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional and proven technical skills.
- Strong evidence of achievement in in-depth journalism.
- Exceptional planning, organizing, time management, problem analysis, judgement and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate innate drive toward innovative storytelling.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt schedule to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with persons at all levels.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters on a confidential basis.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position should submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.