The KGNU News Department is seeking to expand our digital reach with a Creative Digital News Producer who can expand our digital news content and online presence in a high-paced setting. We are looking for someone with innovative ideas to push our news content out on a variety of digital platforms including packaging our podcasts, growing the news department's social media engagement, and improving our web presence. This position reports to the KGNU News Director and will work closely with the News Director and KGNU's Bilingual Reporter.
- Excellent news writing and editing skills to create web copy for news stories and interviews that are broadcast on KGNU.
- Web posts will include other digital assets including photos, video, graphics, and graphs, therefore experience in creating multimedia digital posts is critical, including video, audio, and photo editing skills. (60%)
- Experience with sharing news content on social media including Instagram/Facebook stories and building Instagram/Facebook surveys that can engage an audience through social media and Twitter drawing audiences to the news website. (25%)
- Experience in packaging and sharing content and podcasts to other distribution platforms including Stitcher, iTunes, and PRX. (5%)
- Experience with managing and reporting on digital news content in WordPress, including web analytics and Mailchimp. (10%)
- 3 years proven skills creating and producing quality local news
- Experience copy writing Digital text/stories on short deadlines
- Proven proficiency in audio production
- 2 years' experience Digital content creation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail Photography
- Writing and editing skills (English)
- Creative thinking
- Ability to work as part of a team to work collaboratively with other news producers to create digital content based on radio stories and interviews.
- Ability to develop strategies to meet social media engagement objectives, track results, generate accurate reports and recommend future direction
- Proven ability to carry out multiple activities and responsibilities in one job
- Proven Project Management experience
- 2 years' experience in social media management
- Proficiency in publishing to WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, and similar online platforms
- Proficiency in reporting on web analytics
- Video editing skills to make short clips to compliment finished audio/written stories.
- Proficiency in Graphic Design
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- Prior experience working in community or public radio
- Demonstrated experience working with volunteers
- Experience using PRX, Stitcher, Audioport, and other distribution systems
Based in Boulder, CO
Position is will remain open until filled.
Submit applications to [email protected] by 11:50pm on 11/2/2019 for consideration in round one.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING:
Please submit a cover letter, current up to date resume, and three professional references. In your cover letter, please explain how you are qualified for the position, and what your strategy is for growing the KGNU News Department online digital presence. Include three written examples of your news productions, three digital online links to web pages, content pages, relevant social media you have produced or managed, and three professional references.
Cover Letters should be limited to two pages maximum.
Submissions should be made by email ONLY to [email protected] and directed to the KGNU Digital News Producer Search.
No phone calls please.
Automatic confirmations will be sent to each individual who submits an application. ONLY APPLICANTS INVITED TO INTERVIEW FOR THE POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY EMAIL OR PHONE.
KGNU is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. KGNU is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity and environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. We strongly encourage applications from all genders, people of color, and people with disabilities.