Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and/or operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Country Radio legend, 98.5 KYGO is looking for the next Program Director to lead Denver’s Number One Country station into the future. This is your chance to lead a true iconic radio brand. The next KYGO Program Director will be an experienced, accomplished and creative leader capable of building on the ratings and revenue success of Denver’s #1 for New Country. Here is your chance to live in America’s Greatest City, lead an amazing radio station and work for one of the last great radio companies where local still matters, Bonneville International!
- Lead and coach talent
- Manage and lead all aspects of the KYGO brand, including on-air execution, music, talent, imaging, community profile, digital assets and social media
- Partner with Market Manager and other key leaders to support and attain local and company goals, including ratings share, revenue goals and alignment with Bonneville International mission
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing and promotions to ideate, develop and execute revenue generating promotions and events that build the KYGO brand
- Function and work in a team environment across our platform of stations and media assets
- Drive KYGO social and digital media assets to maximize engagement and revenue
- Determine and maintain creative vision for KYGO to enhance the station’s image and visibility
- Establish rapport within the community and develop events to increase KYGO’s reach and profile
- Develop strategic plan for KYGO to maintain and build on Country rankings in Denver
- Prepare and operate within annual expense budgets
- Ensure operation of station in accordance with FCC regulations and policies
- Participate in and actively support Bonneville’s EEO policy as it relates to recruitment, selection, evaluation, compensation, training, promotion and termination
- Take a proactive role in supporting Bonneville’s policy to prevent harassment of any kind within the workplace, at off-site places of company business and at company sponsored social venues
- Develop and Execute programming that builds up, connects and celebrates communities and families
- Establish innovating digital content to expand reach.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully programming a major or large market Country station in a competitive landscape
- Thorough understanding of Nielsen PPM ratings and analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of sophisticated market research including perceptual studies, focus groups and music testing with the ability to analyze the data and make programming decisions
- Demonstrated ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Proficient in using music master and nexgen
- Knowledge and experience in creating and maintaining a superior brand
- Ability to develop and execute a strategic plan
- Previous experience coaching and developing on-air talent to a level consistent with station’s image and brand
- Possess excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Maintain a valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to serious liability risks
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
- Participate in and actively support Bonneville’s EEO policy as it relates to recruitment, selection, evaluation, compensation, training, promotion and termination. Includes being knowledgeable and conversant with the FCC EEO Rules effective March 10, 2003, and understanding the compliance issues that safeguard the station’s FCC license.
- Take a proactive role in supporting Bonneville’s policy to prevent harassment of any kind within the workplace, at off-site places of company business and at company-sponsored social venues.
- Assure that employees working in your department will receive annual performance appraisals. Guarantee that employees will sign Conflict of Interest and Payola annually.