Marketing & Engagement Specialist - KUVO Urban Alternative
Rocky Mountain Public Media, home to Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO radio, is the largest statewide, member-supported, multi-media network in Colorado. Rocky Mountain Public Media's mission is to strengthen the civic fabric through public media in communities throughout Colorado, engaging audiences through high-quality, trusted programming, community programs and partnerships, and educational initiatives. To further this mission, Rocky Mountain Public Media seeks a Marketing & Engagement Specialist to work within our Marketing and Engagement department on the KUVO radio brand.
The Marketing & Engagement Specialist is responsible for managing day-to-day activities to develop audiences for THE DROP (new Urban Alternative station) platform across KUVO's main channel, the HD2 Channel, the App, KOMF, DOM public access TV, and RMPBS TV platforms. This position within Rocky Mountain Public Media's marketing and engagement team plays a key role in building community partnerships and engaging with the Target Audience during community events and festivals. The ideal candidate has experience in marketing promotions, event planning/management, social media marketing, and digital communications to Generation X and Millennial audiences (the Target Audience). You will be most successful if you enjoy a dynamic, energized and collaborative work environment. Demonstrated passion for nonprofits and/or public media is a significant advantage. Although it is not expected that you have vast industry experience, we do expect you've worked in a professional environment doing similar activities and can add value day one in this position. You must be proficient in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite is preferred. If this sounds like you, we want to talk with you.
- Assist in the creation and implementation plan to build awareness of the new Urban Alternative format, with an emphasis on targeting Afro-American and Latino/Hispanic communities;
- Execute and assist in developing a digital and social media marketing campaigns to attract our Target Audience to KUVO's listening audience, social media following, and app downloads;
- Works closely with the team to implement and develop a digital content, including creation of weekly/monthly email marketing program;
- Assist in organization of remote broadcasts and manage productions from venues and festivals around the state;
- Identify opportunities and implement activities involved in partnerships, promotions, advertising, sponsorships and events;
- Serve as a liaison with the local music and arts community to develop and implement the community engagement plan at the direction of the Content Director;
- Plan and execute monthly community engagement events for Target Audience with the DROP team;
- Collaborates with underwriting representatives to identify underwriting support;
- Will track attendance at events and collect feedback from attendees;
- Project manage marketing communication and creative development projects that aligns with the Format in conjunction with Rocky Mountain Public Media's internal marketing department.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field required, or equivalent, relevant job experience. Prior experience managing a corporate or nonprofit online and/or social media marketing program;
Ability to lead projects independently, but able to work effectively as part of a team; Self-starter with strong initiative and a willingness to problem solve; Experience in community building; Must have strong skills or understanding of multiple platforms used to build digital communities; Excellent intergroup, communication, organizational, and analytical skills; The confidence to advocate for best digital practices, along with a positive and collaborative attitude to help create quality content; Detail-oriented with ability to manage several projects simultaneously. Strong written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, work with a team, take direction from various directors, and work within established budgets. Must have a reliable vehicle. Is available some weekends and evenings to represent KUVO at community music venues, and festivals;
Deep curiosity and excitement for Colorado's music scene and passion for the mission of public media; A willingness to experiment with new ways to showcase digital content and interact with people in social spaces; Willingness to learn various technology solutions for engagement, including Facebook Live streaming, Eloqua (email marketing software), etc. High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite a must. Working knowledge of adobe creative suite. Beginning to intermediate graphic, editing, photo editing and blogging experience.
Send application materials to:
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position should submit the following items via email to [email protected]. Please put Marketing & Engagement Specialist in the subject line.
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit RMPBS' needs and stating how you found out about this opening.
- A rsum detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Portfolio reel with notes about your involvement with the contents.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Salary requirements
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please.
KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.