News Anchor Telemundo Denver
TV Content & Production
Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Telemundo Denver is looking for an experienced and energetic News Anchor. This journalist will join a newsroom that emphasizes breaking news, daily investigative reporting and severe weather coverage.
Perform on-air anchor responsibilities for designated Telemundo Denver newscast or program across Telemundo Denver multiple platforms, including:
- Contribute story ideas for key series pieces for daily news programs
- Prepare and/or assemble, and present story content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner
- Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present Telemundo Denver news specials and packages based on either breaking or pre-planned stories
- Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories
- Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads and bridge relevant activities through community relations department
- Maintain social media presence that is in line with station/ company policies and guidelines
- Participate in station-sponsored and philanthropic events and all assigned special promotions projects
- Ability to participate in community, public events and/or Master of Ceremonies as requested by the station.
- Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed
•English/Spanish required; both written and verbal
•Bachelor s degree in Communications/Journalism related field
•Minimum 5 years of news anchor experience
•Solid news judgment, strong writing and research skills
•Experience in a variety of anchor/host scenarios, including studio, remotes, specials, etc.
•Experience in a variety of on-air reporting functions including anchoring, investigations, and franchises.
•Very strong speech skills with the ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
•Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
•Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment
•Active engagement in Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
•Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories
•Proficiency delivering enterprising stories
•Experience being actively engaged in editorial processes and meetings
•Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology, with a pioneering spirit with desire to learn emerging technologies and invent the future
•Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
•Must be willing to work in Centennial, Colorado
•Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
•Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
•Must be able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
•Must be 18 years or older
•Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
•Experience as a News Anchor
•Excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills (English/Spanish)
•Strong live reporting skills
•Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines
•Has the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
•Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories
•Demonstrated experience generating and producing news stories
•Prior experience delivering taped and live reports
•Can act decisively under stress and tight deadlines
•Ability to work flexible hours (including weekends) and to return to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.