Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full-power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
- Job Description
The News Editor operates editing equipment to produce images or scenes for newscasts and another programming.
Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job Description
- Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for newscasts and another programming
- Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary
- Trims filmed segments to specified lengths and reassemble segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect
- Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete spots
- Sets up and operates computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product
- Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story
- Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, work product, and desired effects.
- Maintains editing equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- High school diploma
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum of two years’ experience operating video editing equipment
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment
- Proficiency with video editing equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled