Job title: PBS 12 Public Affairs Producer
Reports to: Director of Production
The PBS 12 Public Affairs Producer works to produce a weekly public affairs panelist program (Colorado Inside Out) as well as overseeing aspects of Political Debate Series (Colorado Decides) and other programs and other projects as assigned. The scope and focus of the work will be determined by the Director of Production who will approve all materials and assignments.
Candidate must have a broad knowledge of current local, regional, national political issues and familiarity with legislative, economic, and election issues. Candidate should exhibit a solid grounding in journalism. Must have strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and strong computer and research skills are required. A preference of a minimum of one year’s experience in research, preferably in a broadcast or print news/interview setting, is desired.
This contract position will serve as writer and program researcher, fact checker as assigned and helps ensure that programs are produced in an effective, timely, and fiscally responsible manner.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Must be available for at least 8 hours a week, with an additional needed availability of 16-20 hours a week September-November.
• Works with Host, Panelists, Subjects to research and develop topics and concepts.
• Drafts weekly and special project script(s) and edits as directed.
• Identifies, recruits and schedules program guests and interviewees in conjunction with the Host and Director of Production.
• Pre-interviews guests and arranges their availability and preparation.
• Responsible for appropriate record keeping, correspondence, phone calls, meetings, maintaining supplies and equipment and other duties as assigned.
• Works with Production team as directed – including Tele-Prompter Operation.
• Creates metadata and distributes to digital platforms.
• Has an understanding of social media promotion
Submit resume and cover letter to Heather Dalton, Director of Production: [email protected]
PBS12 is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively seeking to diversify its workforce. PBS12 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all staff and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.