Rocky Mountain Public Media is looking for an experienced investigative journalist to join our duPont-winning investigative team as principal correspondent and managing editor. We are looking for a passionate investigative journalist with the ability to be a strong leader to join our Insight program and build on the team's successful record of in-depth multiplatform investigations that truly impact our community.
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop Hip-Hop and R&B radio station. More than a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience leading and presenting on camera in-depth investigations, building programs and initiatives, and identifying and executing stories that make a difference in people's lives.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Produce and anchor multiplatform investigative journalism of regional and national importance.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of investigative journalism produced by RMPBS, along with other newsroom managers.
- Develop regional and national sources.
- Develop regional and national programming initiatives, working with other newsroom managers to set the direction of coverage.
- Collaborate with leadership gift personnel as needed to secure and maintain support from members, donors and foundations.
- Serve when needed as a liaison to general public, advisory boards, Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and other professional and community organizations.
- Monitor industry trends, technology, and the station's competitive environment to help guide strategy and inform content direction.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- In-depth, investigative reporting skills.
- Ability to work well and use good judgment under pressure with tight deadlines and to problem-solve when difficulties arise.
- Data analysis skills, including data acquisition, cleaning, and spreadsheet and relational database analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of investigative tools and programs; FOIA requests, database searches, government agency requests, available resources on the state and federal level, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Mail, Calendars and SharePoint.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with strong track record of achievement.
- Six years minimum television experience.
- Proven success in investigative reporting and anchoring.
- Proven success in strategic planning related to journalism production.
- Proven success in mentoring media professionals.
- Exceptional research skills, written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work occasionally long and irregular hours including occasional evenings, weekends. Must be able to travel as needed.
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable MVR insurable for driving station vehicles
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs. Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPBS, critiquing one episode of Insight with John Ferrugia, and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening. 2. A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience. 3. Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements. 4. Compensation requirements (optional).
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.