Rocky Mountain Public Media, home to Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO Radio, is the largest statewide, member-supported, multi-media network in Colorado. Rocky Mountain Public Media's (RMPM) mission is to strengthen the civic fabric of the state by engaging audiences across platforms with high-quality, trusted content.
We are seeking experienced and dynamic candidates for our Production Director for KUVO and the Drop. This position to help us move to the next level!
The Production Director creates an on-air persona for RMPM radio stations (KUVO Jazz, KUVO The Drop) through produced pieces with high production values. Production pieces must be developed for on-air, audio stream and digital applications, including podcasting, and TV-Radio integration. Responsible for maintaining high standards, quality control of all produced audio announcements and features.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Voice-over for production
- Consult with GM, Program and Content Director(s) Sr. VP of Radio, and Development Director establishing production priorities for membership drives, underwriting, and other fundraising activities.
- Produce and schedule testimonials and promos for all on air promotional campaigns.
- Consults and works with engineering team to implement and maintain all production equipment, providing assistance troubleshooting technical issues.
- Coordinate and produce all production elements including promos, features, live performance compact disc.
- Record, maintain and archive all programs received via satellite.
- Record, produce copies and archive all performances and interviews.
- Prepare and make available in on-air studio all network music shows.
- Produce and keep current local program host promos.
- Consult and coordinate with GM and Radio Program and Content Director(s) Sr. VP of Radio & Digital Media existing and future Internet media production and programming options and capabilities.
- Assist GM and Radio Program and Content Director(s) with special programming and production needs.
- Other Duties as assigned, including:
- Maintain quality-control for all production pieces.
- Record weekly program promos and schedule in studio
- Work with the on-air hosts to record program promos
- Record underwriting announcements
- Archive programs and promos as necessary
- Produce special event promos
- Produce programs as directed by Programming and Content Director(s)
- Record Performance Studio back-ups
- Supports RMPBS with production elements, and on-air.
- Work with Traffic & Continuity team to maintain accurate schedule of announcements
- Delegate, direct and supervise Production Assistants
- Train on-air staff on how to use digital editing production tools.
Minimum Qualifications of Position
[Describe the minimum level of education and experience required to perform the work.]
- Minimum three years experience in audio production.
- Current on marketing trends and production techniques.
- Experience with Pro Tools Digital Editing software including Garage Band.
- Experience with both PC and MAC use
- Knowledge of ENCO and DAD Pro systems, Wide Orbit, and other broadcast automation platforms.
- Knowledge of non-profit underwriting rules.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations, RMPM company policies, and all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Experience with voice over and directing voice over talent.
- Experience with copy writing and editing copy
- Organization, communication and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to promote and market products aurally
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional auditory skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and assume new tasks
- Understands and supports KUVO's mission statement
Preferred Qualifications of Position
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of public broadcasting regulations, standards and practices
- Knowledge of music history, including jazz eras, personalities and the Great American Songbook
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Production studio
- Radio master control studio
- Office environment
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.