Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Bonneville Denver has an open position for Production Manager. The Production Manager is responsible for writing, voicing and production of high quality commercials that air on our four-station cluster; working directly with our sales team to execute the creative vision for each of our clients and partners. The Production Manager may also provide audio support for other platforms such as social, video and other internal projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate studio equipment. Prepare and produce commercials with appealing, entertaining appropriate content that is error free, enunciated clearly, utilizing strong writing skills with good grammar and is designed to fit the format and the target demographic of the station(s) on which it will air.
- Attention to detail with deadlines, sales orders, variety of voices used, and ensuring the correct commercial is aired.
- Ability to work under pressure and anticipate last-minute needs.
- Be an expert with all functions of Adobe Audition.
- Proof and assist in writing commercial copy and produce “spec” spots for clients & co-op vendors.
- Contribute to creative “brainstorming” sessions with sales reps, clients & programming personnel.
- Show creativity in writing copy as well as in audio production of commercials.
- Efficiently download copy from web sites and agencies, and dub pre-recorded material completely and correctly.
- Check commercial and promo copy for errors and insure commercial copy has met the standards of the FCC, FTC and Bonneville International.
- Produce programming demos and MP3s for the sales department upon request.
- Assist programming with promos and imaging as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant demeanor are imperative.
- The desire to see a client campaign become successful and are self-motivated to see the campaign through start to finish.
- Quality control of commercials that are received from outside sources, including Mr. Master and outside networks, including level control, sec trip tones and legal & policy compliance.
- Checking the daily commercial log when loaded to insure all audio is correct and present.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years production experience and on-air commercial broadcast experience with clear speaking voice that projects specific format style in a medium or larger market.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to write, produce and voice commercial copy.
- Proven ability with client recording sessions and get the most out of them while making them feel comfortable in choosing Bonneville International.
- Experience with radio automation and creative systems. Nex Gen, Zeta, Wide Orbit Traffic, Mr. Master & VCreative PPO a plus.
- Proven ability to operate multi-track and digital recording equipment. Experience with Adobe Audition.
- Ability to work various time schedules and remain flexible based on timelines and deadlines.
- Must be a goal oriented, self-motivated individual capable of independent work and follow through.
- This is an on-site, in-office position.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
In addition to your resume, you must provide an audio demo of your best work no more than 5 minutes in length, which also includes your voice. A link to an audio storage platform is preferred; however, you may also email your demo to [email protected]
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.