Rocky Mountain Public Media is looking for an experienced Production Manager to work alongside our award-winning local content teams to help create programs that inform and entertain our statewide communities.
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop Hip-Hop and R&B radio station. More than a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience with various editing programs and camera equipment, TriCaster switchers, troubleshooting and problem solving, and live event audio/visual equipment set-up. Candidates with some level of equipment management, project management and technical directing experience are preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee storage and use of Content team's technology including cameras, related gear and video systems/software.
- Manage and maintain field equipment and the check-out process
- Oversee technical and broadcast standards of programs recorded in all studios
- Manage use of and upkeep of all RMPM Studios
- Work with station's engineering team to coordinate equipment and gear needs, repairs, upgrades, and trainings.
- Initiate and approve requests as appropriate for the purchase, replacement, or repair of equipment and services.
- Update studio technology and sets as needed (including virtual set integration)
- Able to set-up, use and maintain TriCaster switchers
- Have working knowledge of and offer staff training on various editing systems and video equipment
- Train RMPM staff (as needed) to use PTZ camera/TriCaster switcher for studio recordings
- Technical Direct studio recordings and live productions for various locally-created shows and live events or performances
- Manage Audio/Video needs for station engagement events as needed
- Extensive knowledge and use of TriCaster switcher system
- Extensive knowledge and use of studio lighting set up
- Extensive knowledge and use of Live Stream, Youtube Live and other live stream systems
- Proven skill with technical directing
- Extensive knowledge and use of PTZ cameras and field cameras
- Extensive knowledge and use of Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Premiere Pro, Photoshop)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3-years minimum television experience, with a focus on using audio/visual equipment daily for content gathering and production.
- Flexibility to work occasionally long and irregular hours including occasional evenings, weekends. Must be able to travel as needed.
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable MVR insurable for driving station vehicles
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs. Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.