Max Media is searching for a promotions director to join our wining team in Denver, Colorado. This opportunity allows you to live in one of the best cities in the country, working within a modern, well-equipped, and active broadcast facility, with an award-winning team. At a minimum, but not limited to, this position will include the following:
A true manager who can grow ratings and revenue on two station brands, including KFCO, FLO 107.1 and KJHM, Jammin 101.5. This person must understand and appreciate the Rhythmic and Old School music culture. This person will direct the activities of employees and engage in the planning and execution of marketing, promotions, sales promotion and imaging campaigns. Bottomline, your number one responsibility will be to plan and execute marketing and promotional campaigns designed to drive ratings and revenue.
Skills and qualifications for this position at a minimum will include the following:
- Oversees the ideation and creation of revenue generating programs and custom solutions for our clients to drive revenue
• Oversees audience growth, project management, scheduling and production of digital and social content for station sites.
• Oversees proper execution of station events, promotional project management, timelines and inventory (ie: promotional calendars / programming promotional mentions)
• Identifies, recruits, coaches and leads department to stay on top of all projects.
• Works directly with Programming and Sales to find marketing and revenue generating opportunities for each station.
• Works directly with local media and community organizations to create mutually beneficial campaigns.
• Oversees creation of marketing campaigns including print, TV, direct mail, outdoor and at work call campaigns
• Special projects as assigned
- • Coordinates and attends client meetings with sellers and sales managers as needed to plan events and event logistics.
• Collaborates with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as remotes, events, van hits and other street team activities from start to finish.
- Drives promotional vehicles.
- Conducts on-site promotions, and handles clients and listeners.
- Sets up and runs audio and other types of equipment; hangs banners and other staging elements.
- Records events (i.e. photos, videos, audio and social media measures for station promotions).
- Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required.
- Prepares contest rules, waivers, and release forms for on air, digital, social media and other contests.
- Supervises prize inventory and in-studio prize sheets as well as awarding of prizes at events.
- May coordinate and oversee on-site appearances, remotes and events.
- May be responsible for all winner prize fulfillment and release forms.
- Must be available evenings and weekends
- Contribute heavily to cluster digital performance by maintaining a talent blog, and executing directives on social media.
- Support Sales Department with proposal creation, information gathering and other sales related materials.
- Attend client meetings as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time.
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Project management from start to finish; assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks.
- Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar.
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities.
- Excellent driving record.
- Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects.
- Previous On-Air experience.
- Good copy-writing skills.
The ideal candidate is a passionate self-starter, a creative problem solver, motivator and a great collaborator. You’re a true professional with a consistent track record of working cross-functionally to grow revenue and ratings.
This position is hands on, working fulltime, 40+ hours minimum each week Monday – Friday. Nights and weekends will also be required. This is not a desk job.
Please forward your package to include; resume, best success story from a promotion designed by you and a 60 second video on why we should hire you:
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Max Media of Denver is an equal opportunity employer