This position's primary responsibility is to develop new business, grow and manage the existing local accounts for KDEN Denver by:
• Prospecting, qualifying, cold calling, and switch pitching 0 share clients from general market TV, Spanish language TV, radio, print and online platforms.
• Developing non-traditional revenue (NTR) by creating/selling the station initiatives and grass root events by developing "Unique Value Propositions".
• Understanding market conditions that impact their clients' business to enable them to shift strategy and tailor media plans that meet customer needs.
• Selling conceptually beyond the rating point and traditional: 30 second spot.
• Being customer centric and having the ability to cultivate strong business partnerships.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered. Job Number: 50245BR
• Minimum 4-year college degree.
• Minimum 3 years working experience in television sales or other area of Media Sales.
• Must own personal vehicle, valid driver’s license to fulfill the duties of the sales job and excellent driving record.
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO and occasional travel for work.
• Willingness to work longer hours, and willingness to attend after-hours events for station and clients during the week and or weekends.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech and presentation skills.
• Must be effective at developing and facilitating sales pitches that articulate a custom solution to client needs and station benefits.
• Must by self-motivated with over-achiever mentality
• Must be able to develop leads and close new business.
• Must possess digital media & social media acumen.
• Must be able to handle working under the pressure of deadlines and revenue goals
• Must be effectively aggressive and possess a positive work ethics.
• Must be able to work effectively with both local direct and agency business.
• Must possess the ability to work effectively with others in Sales team and with all levels of station employees and management within a multi-cultural environment.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Bilingual English & Spanish not required; however, preferred.
• TV/Digital/Radio background not required; however, preferred.
• Strong Marketing background will be highly considered.
• Experience in designing creative solutions to meet client's needs is a plus.
• Strong computer skills with experience in Internet & Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills; strong leadership and organization skills; detailed-oriented; trust-worthy with confidential and sensitive information.
• Knowledge of Nielsen ratings.
• Experience with Scarborough, Polk, research data, forecast software (Sales Force) & traffic systems (Wide Orbit).
• Self-directed with proven ability to execute and multi-task on a regular basis with little direction.