NBC Universal’s Telemundo Owned and Operated Television station in Denver, KDEN Telemundo Denver is looking for a Telemundo Responde Multimedia Journalist. This position will report to the Executive Producer and News Director.
• Gathering news information and preparing presentation for air, on line and for social media.
• Will write news stories on a daily basis for station’s newscasts, recorded programs and/or other live, station broadcasts – either in the studio or out on location as needed.
• Will work with producers and news managers on developing, researching, investigating, writing, producing and presenting consumer and investigative stories as needed.
• Presents completed news stories that are accurate, journalistically sound, fair and balanced.
• Will report live during newscasts and breaking news as needed, either in studio or out in the field.
• Will coordinate, organize, conduct and video-record interviews.
• Will develop on-going “sweeps” and “special series” stories.
• Represents Telemundo in community related events.
• Builds relationships with community and contacts for developing story leads.
• Will gather news information and prepare for presentation in the newscast and all digital platforms, including writing and uploading content.
• Will shoot and edit promos, news material, bumpers, ID’s, show opens and marketing material, as well as gather information on newsworthy events.
• Will deliver copy ready from a Teleprompter or with no Teleprompter
• Will maintain informed on news events locally and nationally
• Will maintain technical equipment including cameras and lighting gear.
• Will manage project deadlines and deliverables.
• Will present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner; including presenting breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
• BA or BS in Journalism or related field.
• At least three years of television reporting, writing and live reporting experience.
• Must be an excellent writer and communicator in Spanish.
• Enterprise reporting required.
• Six years reporting experience preferred.
• Experience in partnering with legal team and working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations and story production as they relate to consumer, investigation and undercover news content.
• Must be willing to work in Denver and able to travel as needed.
• Must be willing to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays) and report to work in emergencies depending on news coverage when required.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be completely fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write).
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable).
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal’s Dispute resolution program.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Previous experience as an investigative and consumer reporter.
• Strong knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws.
• Excellent Spanish, reading, writing and speaking.
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking.
• Strong desire to be a consumer/viewer advocate.
• Strong journalistic integrity.
• High competitive nature.
• Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines.
• Generate ideas and report breaking news either in studio or on location.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.
• Skills to be a problem solver.
• Creative thinker with strong sense of community involvement for unique story ideas.
• Strong writing skills with ability to connect on an emotional level.