VICE PRESIDENT OF MEMBERSHIP
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop Urban Alternative Radio. Over a million Coloradans turn to us to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
We are seeking experienced and dynamic candidates for our Vice President of Membership position to help us move to the next level.
The Vice President of Membership develops, manages and grows contributions to Rocky Mountain Public Media (RMPM) and its portfolio of brands from individual members making annual gifts under $2,500. Goals are focused on growing total membership and revenue through member retention, upgrade and acquisition efforts. This position has annual budget responsibility with a parallel focus on fundraising efficiency, overseeing the following techniques, including but not limited to, direct mail, telemarketing, canvassing, on-air pledge, and digital fundraising. As a member of the senior management team, the Vice President of Membership adds value across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leads a team of membership fundraisers to develop, manage and grow contributions to RMPM from individual members. Develops a strategic plan to leverage staff, volunteers and other department resources to achieve fundraising goals. Manages an effective infrastructure to support securing gifts and generating leads in a multichannel, multimedia environment.
- Provides active, effective and inspirational leadership to fundraising professionals in Direct Response Fundraising (mail, telemarketing, e-marketing/digital), On-Air Fundraising (television and radio), Membership Operations, and Audience/Membership Services.
- Determines the agenda and messaging for RMPM's membership communications and outreach to our radio, television and digital audiences and donors with support from the Chief Marketing Officer and Creative Services team as needed. Ensures an integrated marketing and communications strategy across all fundraising channels (mail, telemarketing, on-air, online).
- Works closely with Vice President, Leadership Giving to create strategic annual fundraising plans, including budgets, to meet revenue and expense goals.
- Manages all development revenue tracking, reporting, and projections for senior management and all membership reporting to finance, providing accurate financial accounting and best practice procedures related to membership revenue.
- Works effectively with RMPM's Development Committee, Board of Directors, senior management, and volunteers as needed. Develops effective professional relationships and works collaboratively with other RMPM departments to accomplish RMPM's goals and achieve its mission.
- Manages a small portfolio of key accounts. Attends sales calls with members of the team to provide leadership as needed and to make introductions to new partners.
- Ensures and models best practices in fundraising, high professional standards, strong staff management skills and impeccable ethics.
- Actively engages with peer-to-peer networks of professional fundraisers and public media colleagues to help shape national membership fundraising strategies and to share best practices. Stays up-to-date on evolving techniques to maximize fundraising effectiveness.
- Participates and leads efforts to develop insight into our current and future member prospects to inform decision-making across the organization.
- Develops and oversees strategies to deepen relationships with and understanding of current and future members.
- Performs related special projects or other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in marketing, fundraising/development, business, nonprofit administration or related field preferred, but not required. CFRE (Certified Fundraising Accreditation) a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising and direct marketing, including at least five years in direct response fundraising and at least three years in a significant staff management role.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Experience in public broadcasting preferred, but not essential.
- At least 3 years of managerial experience.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs. Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.