Volunteer & HR Specialist - Denver
Rocky Mountain Public Media, home to Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO radio, is the largest statewide, member-supported, multi-media network in Colorado. Rocky Mountain Public Media's mission is to strengthen the civic fabric in communities throughout Colorado, engaging audiences through high-quality, trusted programming, community programs and partnerships, and educational initiatives that inform, enlighten and entertain. To further this mission, Rocky Mountain Public Media seeks a full-time Volunteer & HR Specialist.
DESCRIPTION: The Volunteer & HR Specialist is a pivotal member of Rocky Mountain Public Media's Human Resources team. This position works closely with the HR manager and the Chief Financial Officer to align the recruiting and engagement strategies of employees and volunteers with the strategic vision of the organization. The position requires a balance between customer service skills and strong administrative skills with a proficiency in using technology. From time-to-time, this position may be required to work evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Volunteer Recruitment & Engagement
o Developments and implements an effective volunteer program that services the mission of Rocky Mountain Public Media and services the unique needs of RMPM's various brands including Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz, and state-wide Reginal Innovation Centers (RICs).
o Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers for the RMPM departments (KUVO and Rocky Mountain PBS), advisory committees, and Regional Innovation Centers (RICs).
o Develops and implements training programs for all volunteers.
o Maintains updated records on all volunteers in RMPM volunteer database. Maintains and tracks volunteer schedules and utilization.
o Sets up and attends volunteer committee meetings. Reports to staff on volunteer activities as needed.
o Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
o Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
o Plans and executes volunteer recognition activities.
o Managers the volunteer newsletter.
- Employee Recruitment & Engagement
o Assists HR manager and other department supervisors in drafting and creating job descriptions.
o Manages new positions in iHire and post position as required in appropriate forums.
o Assists HR manager with screenings and interview coordination.
o Developments and implements employee recognition program.
o Manages and coordinate employee engagement events such as wellness events and cross-department social events.
o Assists HR manager with the Human Resources SharePoint Site and the department calendar.
- Other Duties:
o Backup front desk / receptionist duties.
o May assist with employee committee duties and support as assigned.
o Assists with managing internship program for RMPM.
o Other tasks as assigned and/or required.
- This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities but does supervise the entire volunteer force.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, Bachelor's degree a plus.
- 2-3 years administrative experience in a support role.
- Highly proficient and demonstrated knowledge and experience with Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and other Microsoft apps such as SharePoint.
- Proficient with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and energetic team-oriented attitude
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Bachelor's s degree in Social Sciences, Communication, or related field.
- 1-2 years prior experience working in human resources or with volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with persons at all levels
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters on a confidential basis
- Attention to Detail
- Communication proficiency and collaboration skills
- Technical Capacity
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position should submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.