Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
FOX21 News seeks a Full-Time meteorologist to represent our Storm Team during our 2-hour Weekend Morning Show. This is your chance to join a high performing weather team in a challenging weather market. Living on the side of a 14,000’ weather generating machine, we get rain, snow, high wind, thunderstorms and hail – sometimes all in the same day. We are looking for someone that possesses a deep meteorology and broadcast skill set to deliver a dynamic, personality-driven weathercast in a very conversational style. We don’t’ read numbers from maps - we tell great weather stories in an engaging style and deep commitment to a focus on how our graphics and stories are received by our viewers. At least 2-3 years on-air as a meteorologist is required, knowledge of WSI Tru-Vu MAX is a plus and an AMS and or NWA seal is preferred. A college degree in Meteorology or related major is also preferred. Strong and effective social media skills and approaches are certainly required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce and present weather/news reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all weather/news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather / news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- The MMVJ part of the job includes reporting three days a week.
- Ability to shoot pictures and edit stories from beginning to end.
- Winning candidate will be posting on the web and social media.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Entry level to 2 years’ experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred.
- Must be able to shoot video and perform non-linear editing. Ability to write story from beginning to end. Knowledge of ENPS helpful.
- Proficiency with the WSI system is helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of the field of Meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
The Meteorologist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Meteorologist I must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer