|Company Name||KDEN Telemundo|
|Location||4100 E. Dry Creek Rd., Colorado|
|Date Posted||July 10, 2017|
• Support and assist the production of all elements involved in a local show. As an Assignment Editor, you will be responsible for fulfilling all content needs for our shows as requested by Producers and Managers.
• Coordinates activities of Newsroom gathering staff; maintains contact with outside news agencies, police/fire departments (community organization) and other sources to obtain information regarding developing news items. Coordinate distribution of content between different platforms: TV, Web and Social Media.
• Facilitate news gathering process; ensure comprehensive coverage of news stories.
• Enterprise story ideas and work with Reporters, Producers and Web Editors to develop and cover stories.
• Manage the logistics of day-to-day assignments for local field crews.
• Dispatch crews and information in a timely and organized manner.
• Conceptualize platform integration with Producers, Web Editors, Reporters, Photographers and other personnel in a timely and organized manner.
• Conceive distribution of content between news platforms: TV/Web/Social Media.
• Anticipate special news events and conceptualize plan for content integration.
• Write scripts / edit tape segments as needed.
• Collaborate as on-air talent if needed.
• Work with News Management to effectively use available resources in managing operations and to develop standards and processes for optimal performance.
• BA, BS or Master in Broadcasting, Journalism and/or Communications.
• Minimum 2 year relevant experience on Electronic Media.
• Solid editorial judgment.
• Knowledge digital platforms (web, mobile) and social media.
• Ability to speak read and write fluently in English and Spanish.
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, Colorado.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered. Job Number: 35033BR
• Must be willing to work at KDEN headquarters in Centennial, CO.
• Must be willing to submit a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to live in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Experience in leading and managing people.
• Have good interpersonal skills, be a dependable, quick thinker with an eye for detail.
• Be creative with a positive attitude and a motivated team player.
• Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish.