|Company Name||Altitude Sports & Entertianiment|
|Date Posted||May 7, 2018|
POSITION: BROADCAST ENGINEER VARIABLE HOUR (ON CALL)
CANDIDATE POOL: INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
REPORTS TO: CHIEF ENGINEER
RESUME DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SUBMIT RESUME TO: CLICK HERE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITLES:
- Rapidly assess, troubleshoot and work to correct technical problems and/or employ viable and timely work-arounds to facilitate operational objectives
- Directly assist and support studio operations, productions, post-productions, feed and master control
- Interface and work directly with vendors to coordinate technical processes necessary to facilitate televised events and ongoing channel origination
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace defective equipment.
- Resolve issues through analysis and troubleshooting, fabricating, cabling, and wiring new installs with proper labeling and documentation.
- Daily completion of shift check routines that monitor status and health of facility equipment.
- Maintain broadcast equipment and systems
- Maintains advanced knowledge of video and audio processing and encoding technologies.
- Develops and updates Standard Operating Procedures, Change Configuration Requests, System Diagrams, and other technical documentation for all compression systems and functions.
- Coordinate and assist with maintenance of HVAC, electrical, telephone, broadcast IT and back-up power and data storage systems
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Working knowledge of television production, transmission, measurement and systems
- Working knowledge of the terminology, tools, and processes used in the areas of studio and remote production and broadcast engineering
- Working TV transmitter/RF knowledge
- Ability to work under a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Ability maintain professional composure and to provide and apply critical thinking to problem resolution in high stress or time sensitive environments
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance procedures, system documentation, technical manuals, system diagrams, etc.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and must be flexible enough to deal with different technical skill levels, skill sets and a highly dynamic work environment and schedules.
- Ability to deal with concurrent problems and issues effectively.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and accept personal responsibility
- Ability to work any shift as assigned, as dictated by the needs of a 24/7 business
Essential to this position are:
- Knowledge of the operation of Automation, Production Switchers, Conversion, Master Control, Media
- Management, Routing equipment.
- Knowledge of digital and high definition studio equipment, ENG & EFP cameras and gear
- A good working knowledge of Windows operating systems and networked-based computer systems
- Demonstrable customer service and client management skills and experience.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated attitude and excellent personal time management skills.
Advantageous to this position are:
- Video over IP / TVE / OTT knowledge
- Experience with Broadcast IT network architecture and related technology, editing, media file transfer workflows, transcoding, and server based technology.
- Knowledge of Non-Linear editing systems.
- Hands-on, bench-tech and electronics repair experience
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma required; college degree and technical training is preferred.