|Company Name||Colorado Public Radio (view profile)|
|Location||Grand Junction, Colorado|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2018|
Colorado Public Radio has a brand new opportunity on the Western Slope for an experienced Broadcast / IT Engineer. Based out of our Main Street facility in downtown Grand Junction, the Broadcast / IT Engineer will assist the Engineering department in keeping the CPR broadcast network, audio network and IP network in good shape. This position will be primarily responsible for the broadcast and studio facilities in and around the Grand Junction area.
- Maintain, design and install broadcast equipment.
- Maintain, design and install broadcast transmission systems and sites.
- Maintain, design and install monitoring and remote control systems.
- Assist New Media and Technology department with support and troubleshooting Windows and Linux server equipment.
- Assist production department with studio equipment and training staff on proper use.
- Work closely with the Engineering department to accomplish organizational strategic goals and FCC compliance.
Knowledge and competencies:
- A four-year college degree in related field or equivalent years of experience in Broadcast and IT.
- Experience in audio and broadcast systems.
- Experience in Zetta or other radio broadcast automation system.
- Experience in Axia or other audio routing systems.
- Experience with satellite broadcast uplink/downlink systems.
- Experience with spectrum analyzers and other broadcast related tools.
- LAN and WAN infrastructure experience including VLANs.
- Cisco router experience, and managed switch experience.
- Experience with wireless licensed and unlicensed point to point audio and IP links.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- A general knowledge of radio in general (and public radio in particular) is preferred.
- Because radio broadcasting is an audio medium, you must be able to discern audio problems through auditory senses.
- Since IT and broadcasting equipment will need to be moved on occasion, you must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Occasional non-standard hours and 24/7 on call apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Broadcast/IT Engineer" in the subject line. Competitive salary and benefits. No phone calls or drop ins please.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.