|Company Name||KDEN Telemundo|
|Location||4100 E. Dry Creek Rd., Colorado|
|Date Posted||May 5, 2017|
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
Responsible, for video-editing, camera operation, lighting, audio control and general studio functions required for news production. This position will report to the News Operations Manager.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Will edit news videos and packages on a daily basis for the station’s newscasts, recorded programs and/or other station broadcasts and platforms – either in the studio or out on location.
• Will edit and upload video content as needed for digital platform.
• Work directly with news producers and technical directors for newscast production, including studio lighting, cameras, video playback, CGs, and audio control.
• Will assist with field and studio cameras, audio and production duties when required for remote location broadcasts or as assigned by supervisors.
• Will work with technical directors and producers on news pre-production and editing.
• Will search videos and save material as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience working in a Newsroom.
• Excellent computer skills and experience in computer-assisted reporting
• Non-linear editing experience.
• Must possess strong computer skills.
• Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
• Must read, write and speak Spanish fluently with solid writing principals in order to publish information either on air or internet.
• Solid news judgment, strong writing and research skills.
• Experience using online and social media resources as news researching tools.
• Experience with newsroom computer applications.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, act decisively and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news, environment.
• Basic understanding and demonstration of solid editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Thorough understanding satellite operations and microwave newsgathering technologies.
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
• Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology.
• Works well in a team environment.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com
Job Number 33860BR