|Company Name||KOAA5 (view profile)|
|Location||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Date Posted||July 9, 2017|
KOAA News5, Cordillera's NBC affiliate in beautiful Colorado Springs-Pueblo, CO is searching for an experienced, motivating News Director who will lead our #1 on air and online news team. You will lead a team of journalists equal to any top 30 market team in a brand new state of the art facility in Colorado Springs, while broadcasting from 2 fully operational studios in Colorado Springs and Pueblo. You will take over a #1 team of content and digital managers to help you develop multi-platform content that is quality driven, relevant, thought provoking and big and bold. You must be a strategic thinker and create and apply rich content to social media and all digital platforms. We don't simply post on air stories online. Our News Director must be an inspiring leader with a keen eye for talent, strong motivational, coaching and development skills and the ability to maintain a positive culture where creativity thrives. The best candidate will possess solid journalistic judgment, a news philosophy that emphasizes in depth coverage and accuracy and fair and balanced decision-making ability. This position is part of a strong department head team with ample resources to get the job done at high levels and reports to the President & General Manager.
- Strategically lead and manage News Department, its personnel and strategies.
- Oversee all news content for on-air, web, social media, mobile and apps with assistance from EP of Digital.
- Work closely with the news team to produce high quality, relevant, local content that sets the station apart from competitors to grows audience share. Continue growing an environment of creativity, innovation, teamwork and high ethical standards in our Guardian culture.
- Must have a passion for creative storytelling, owning daily and breaking news on all our multimedia platforms, including weather.
- Must have an eye for talent and effective recruitment abilities.
- Must be a strategic thinker, strong communicator, collaborator, community- minded with hands on journalism experience and deep understanding of the digital world.
- Ability to set performance standards, monitor and address often to ensure we are collaborating with team and training up to deliver on our content promise to the viewers and our company standards.
- Work effectively with top notch AR&D News consulting to deliver on strategic goals.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, meet deadlines and overall multi-tasking required by the position.
- Work efficiently and effectively, take ownership of department and goals while thriving in horizontal management structure vs vertical only.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism with a proven track record of news management experience.
- Demonstrated successful innovative leadership, communication, and both staff and product development skills.
- Five years’ management experience in broadcast news or related field.
- Solid journalistic judgment and a news philosophy.
- Strategic understanding of social media and digital platforms.
- Professional, strong ethical standards and integrity.
- Exceptional organizational skills suited for a fast-paced environment.
Cordillera is the television division of Evening Post Industries. A premiere privately held company that has been in the business of quality journalism for over 200 years. Cordillera operates with principles based on market leadership via investing in its people and products. Being the place to work in town is as important to us as it is to be the #1 News both on air and online. KOAA practices a Guardian culture where we watch out for one another and the communities we serve in a responsible, ethical and caring way to earn their trust. Apply today at firstname.lastname@example.org
KOAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- News Director posted 17 days ago.