|Company Name||KDEN Telemundo|
|Location||4100 E. Dry Creek Rd., Colorado|
|Date Posted||July 10, 2017|
KDEN– Telemundo Denver has a great new opportunity to join the Sales team. Telemundo Denver is looking for an experienced sales person who can negotiate and sell commercial airtime for KDEN and other station multi-platform initiatives (On-air / Out-of-Home / Digital).
We are looking for someone to develop sales revenue from new advertisers as well as maximize revenue from assigned list. Finding and developing new and non-traditional advertisers is expected, as well as developing revenue opportunities for digital platforms. Our Account Manager must prepare and present accurate and comprehensive sales pitches/presentations and must establish close business relationships with all levels of clients. He or she must merchandise the station in written and verbal communications, while always ascertaining clients’ needs. Will also actively participate on team and station projects and special sales events.
• Minimum 4-year college degree.
• Minimum 3 years working experience in television sales or other area of Media Sales.
• Must own personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license to fulfill the duties of the sales job.
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO and occasional travel for work.
• Willingness to work longer hours, and willingness to attend after-hours events for station and clients during the week and or weekends.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech and presentation skills
• Must be effective at developing and facilitating sales pitches that articulate a custom solution to client needs and station benefits.
• Must by self-motivated with over-achiever mentality
• Must be able to develop leads and close new business.
• Must possess digital media & social media acumen.
• Must be able to handle working under the pressure of deadlines and revenue goals.
• Must be effectively aggressive and possess a positive work ethics.
• Must be able to work effectively with both local direct and agency business.
• Must possess the ability to work effectively with others in Sales team and with all levels of station employees and management within a multi-cultural environment.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online at www.nbcunicareers.com - Job Number: 35032BR
• Bilingual English & Spanish is not required; however, is preferred.
• TV/Digital/Radio background is not required; however, is preferred.
• Strong Marketing background will be highly considered.
• Experience in designing creative solutions to meet client's needs is a plus.
• Strong computer skills with experience in Internet & Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills; strong leadership and organization skills; detailed-oriented; trust-worthy with confidential and sensitive information.
• Knowledge of Nielsen ratings.
• Experience with Scarborough, Polk, research data, forecast software (Sales Force) & traffic systems (Wide Orbit).
• Self-directed with proven ability to execute and multi-task on a regular basis with little direction.