|Company Name||KREX-TV (view profile)|
|Location||Grand Junction, Colorado|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2018|
The Technical Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operations during newscasts and other live and recorded productions. Successful candidate must exude professionalism, reliability and good judgement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
- Supervises and assigns duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of programs.
- Observes pictures through monitors, and directs camera/video staff concerning composition.
- Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments.
- Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast.
- Trains camera and graphics operators on the proper operation during live broadcasts.
- Switches video sources and gives direction at the same time during live broadcasts.
- Tests equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum two years' experience in news operations and production.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Proficiency with broadcast control equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Technical News Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Technical News Director must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Technical Director/Editor 38795BR posted 21 days ago.