Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, providing leadership that builds up, connects, informs and celebrates communities and families across our markets. We currently operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the management, programming and development of Bonneville's native Android mobile applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design, develop, implement, and test stand-alone native mobile Android applications.
- Utilize various programming languages in creating new Android apps.
- Develop, support and test digital products and technologies to support apps.
- Maintain infrastructure security and software updates for all supported technologies.
- Work with other developers in building and deploying digital products, services and strategies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- 2+ years experience developing native Android apps using Java.
- Experience in developing, releasing and maintaining Android apps
- Experience with developing and implementing audio and video components in Android apps.
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and problem solving
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot complex problems quickly.
- Ability to work well under pressure and under deadlines.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience working with Docker, EC2 Container Services and Amazon Relational Database Services.
- Social Media application development experience.
- Linux system administration and networking is a significant plus.
- Quality mobile design / user experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, calculator, etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.