Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Reporting to the Director of Corp Credit, this position will be responsible for evaluation and issuance of credit, management of collections, and coordination of accounts receivable for all Bonneville markets. This position assures compliance of business activities and compliance with Bonneville Corporate policies. Functions are to be done in such a way as to facilitate good internal controls and excellent understanding of Bonneville's risk exposure in association with general radio and television market conditions. In addition, the position will also work closely with Bonneville's outside collection agency and manage/oversee the bankruptcy and 3rd party collection process. This position will also manage the monthly bad debt account process along with the assistance of Market Directors of Finance. Critical to success in this position is the ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively with all markets and levels within the organization. Location is flexible within existing Bonneville locations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- LEAD credit and collections function for Bonneville International by working effectively with corporate and market sales and accounting groups.
- ESTABLISH and maintain credit standards, processes and methodologies that are in compliance with company policies, procedures and service standards.
- UNDERSTAND current broadcast market economics in determining adjustment of risk factors when evaluating credit for current and potential Bonneville clients. SUPERVISION responsibility, along with Market Directors of Finance, of in house and 3rd party collection efforts and billing adjustments.
- EFFECTIVE understanding and efficient use of Bonneville operating systems (e.g. WideOrbit).
- EFFECTIVE understanding of third party credit rating systems (e.g. BCCA Media Whys, NACM).
- PERFORM regular evaluation of credit of current and potential Bonneville clients, issuance of new and routine evaluation of current credit levels issued. Point person for providing credit review and decisions for new accounts.
- ESTABLISH and maintain, in association with Director of Corp Credit, Market Directors of Finance, and Sales Management, customer service and collections standards and processes that are consistent with company policies and service standards.
- WORK on problem accounts, send demand letters, set up payment plans, etc.
- COMMUNICATE and follow up routinely and effectively with sales departments regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- ENLIST the efforts of sales, senior management, or other resources when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- PROVIDE customer service regarding collection issues, authorize customer refunds, and resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining legal and 3rd party collection accounts.
- WORK in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- RESPONSIBLE for establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with key staff at each station and business unit.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of at least 3-7 years of credit experience in a structured yet fast-paced credit/collections climate
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Wide Orbit (preferred) or other sales management systems
- Ability to manage both internal and external relationships effectively
- Thorough understanding of credit reporting agencies (D&B / Equifax)
- Excellent organization, writing and presentation skills
- Work under continual deadline pressure with extreme accuracy
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work hours as needed
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities autonomously
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.