Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
POSITION PURPOSE: 104.3 The Fan (KKFN) and ESPN Denver 1600 (KEPN) are looking for an Assistant Program Director to manage all day-to-day aspects of both radio stations. This person will work closely with the Program Director, helping execute their vision of informing, engaging and entertaining sports fans on broadcast, digital, and social platforms. This position will act as a regular voice, helping to steer the hosts and producers through the topics of the day. The Assistant Program Director will be responsible for assisting the Program Director with a variety of tasks including teaching and coaching, sales deliverables, and creative station strategy.
- Select, hire, coach, develop, appraise, direct and supervise all producers and board-operators under the guidance of the Assistant Program Director.
- Work directly with the Assistant Program Director to manage and schedule all producers and board operators for their shifts while monitoring the number of hours they are scheduled to work.
- Review and maintain traffic logs daily.
- Primary on-call contact for all board-operators and producers, working in conjunction with the Assistant Program Director.
- Schedule satellites for automated and play-by-play programming.
- Executive Producer will also be responsible for producing shows and serving as a backup board-operator on an as-needed basis.
- Work with Assistant Program Director and Program Director to develop station strategy and share and brainstorm ideas, which could bring about programming continuity.
- Understand and implement best practices for ratings success.
- Liaison with marketing, sales, and imaging departments to insure all sales deliverables are met.
- Oversee and/or assist promotions projects and events.
- Attend promotions, sales, digital and other meetings as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Able to work independently at times, but take coaching and direction from management.
- Proficiency with computer software programs and social media platforms.
- Wide range of sports and entertainment resources and contacts.
- Ability to run a radio board.
- Understanding of sound production.
- Experience finding and booking guests.
- Well organized and highly attentive to detail.
- Proven ability to handle stress and multi-task.
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Familiar with laws on libel and slander and familiar with FCC Rules and Regulations.
- Work in compliance with company policies, procedures, and brand.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $28,000-$32,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant).
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
- Continuous growth and development training
- Generous vacation and sick policy in addition to paid holidays
- Extraordinary benefits such as a 401k with matching, with no waiting period
- 100% employer-funded retirement account, immediately 100% vested
- High value health care plans at low prices (Medical, Dental, Disability, FSA, Vision)
- We are focused on contributing to the communities we work in. We encourage our employees through initiatives such as matching for personal charitable giving and fundraising and paid volunteer hours.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job ID: 41476