Colorado Springs, CO
General Summary of the Position: This position requires that the host have the ability to project warm, knowledgeable personality while tracking your shifts; have knowledge of jazz music and the ability to present it a friendly manner; will be required to perform research as needed during you shift in order to impart interesting information about the music that is programmed. Once training is complete this position will be approximately 2-4 hours per week with a flexible work schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Introduce programmed jazz music selections with complete information about the music to be heard – [i.e., title of song, performer and/or other band members, etc]. Back announce each piece with complete information about the music that was just broadcast
- Adopt a friendly, intelligent, and warm on-air broadcasting style that aligns with brand standards.
- Perform standardized announcements for underwriters and other partners according to station logs.
- Participate in live, on-air fundraising campaigns throughout the year as scheduled which requires some availability during normal business hours.
- Record promotional announcements as directed by the Program Director and/or Director of Operations.
- Meet with the Jazz Program Director (as scheduled) to review on-air performance.
- Accept critiques and review of on-air performance on a regular basis.
- Dress professionally and appropriately during on-air shifts because of the public nature of the on-air studio that is open for tours and viewing during business hours.
- Operate domain specific software and audio editing tools (PC based)
- Monitor studio equipment at all times.
- Operate an on-air console with proficiency during live programming or satellite-fed programming.
- Operate equipment to include, but not limited to, microphones, compact disc players, computers, and Emergency Alert equipment.
- Learn to operate with proficiency any other equipment that is acquired in the on-air studio or production room.
- Record information in the station logs that document everything that is broadcast on-air as required by the FCC and internal station policies.
- Learn and remain informed about Rules and Regulations as imposed by the Federal Communications Commission as they apply to non-profit radio stations.
- Participate in live, in-person appearances to help promote community awareness of Jazz 93.5 as requested.
- Other tasks as requested or assigned by the Jazz Program Director, General Manager or Director of Operations.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position.
EEO Statement: Employment with Cheyenne Mountain Public Broadcast House Inc dba Jazz 93.5 is “at will”. JAZZ 93.5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JAZZ 93.5 does not discriminate, either when hiring or promoting, based on race, color, ancestry, religious beliefs or creeds, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, disability, sexual oriental or gender expression. JAZZ 93.5 is dedicated to providing a workplace that is free from discrimination, intolerance, or harassment. JAZZ 93.5 complies with The Americans with Disabilities Act requirements with respect to making reasonable accommodations for known disabilities of the incumbent if the disability impairs a major life function and if the employee is otherwise qualified for the position. An incumbent may request reasonable accommodations by requesting such in writing, submitted to the General Manager.
Procedure for application
Email the following to [email protected]
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of Jazz 93.5.