Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. (RMPM) is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop. Over a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
Are you the kind of person who specializes in digital marketing but likes to experiment with new and emerging marketing tactics outside of the digital space? Are you driven by developing comprehensive and effective media campaigns? If so, Rocky Mountain Public Media is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to increase RMPM's visibility with new and diverse audiences. The ideal candidate knows how do make data informed decisions around marketing campaigns (both digital and traditional) and isn't afraid to take calculated risks to improve campaign performance.
The Marketing Manager will coordinate and implement statewide marketing campaigns, utilizing messaging for all RMPM properties-RMPBS, KUVO JAZZ and THE DROP. This position will help to identify new opportunities to increase brand awareness and drive audience growth on digital platforms as well as on broadcast and in-person/external promotional events. The Marketing Manager is someone who embraces RMPM's values and incorporates those principles into each marketing campaign; aligning prospective audiences with the services and content RMPM has to offer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing Manager works closely with the VP of Creative Services to implement marketing campaigns for all RMPM properties. This includes developing campaigns, with an emphasis on digital platforms, for local and national content. This position also understands how to utilize data to grow audiences. The Marketing Manager will collaborate with the Brand/Image Director on the creation of marketing collateral and deliverables.
- Implements comprehensive marketing campaigns for all RMPM properties to reach targeted audiences on social media, broadcast, and print platforms
- Specializes in utilizing social, email and web as part of an integrated marketing strategy
- Monitors and reports progress of marketing campaigns; making data informed decisions to increase campaign performance
- Utilizes data to inform campaign strategies around the timing and placement of ads/campaigns
- Develops marketing plans with new and diverse audiences in mind
- Ability to take on the tactical/hands-on role of delivering campaign elements
- Collaborates with VP, of Creative Services and the Brand/Image Director for all product launches
- Adheres to and maintains product branding guidelines and standards for all RMPM properties
- Researches and recommends new marketing techniques to keep RMPM's brands relevant
- Collaborates with the Brand/Image Director to develop marketing assets for distribution
- Coordinates campaigns to support the brand managers from KUVO JAZZ and THE DROP
- Oversees/manages the Digital Marketing Producer
- Assigns tasks to direct reports as needed
- Assists with copy writing and image selection for marketing campaign deliverables
- Takes on a mentor/coach role to direct reports to help them grow and improve on their existing technical and behavioral skills
- Acts as one of the budget managers for the Creative Services Team
- 5+ years working in marketing communications/corporate communications, either in an agency or corporate environment (including nonprofit)
- 2+ years managing direct reports
- Experience managing creation of integrated communication campaigns
- Must be a self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be able to work both independently and as a collaborative and productive team member.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally and productively with persons at all levels.
- Must possess exceptional time management, decision making and organizational skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with an ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and work within established budgets.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable MVR; must be insurable for driving station vehicles.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. We're committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce. If you're excited about this role, feel a passion for our mission, this feels like it could be your dream job, but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply!
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at
https://rmpbs.isolvedhire.com/jobs/ and please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, and employment experience.
Position will be posted until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio.
This position works primarily in office, studio, editing, and/or field environments. This position must be able to work a flexible schedule with occasionally long hours including some evenings and weekends. Must be able to travel throughout the state and beyond, on occasion. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the ability to lift and carry production equipment up to 50 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rocky Mountain Public Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, Rocky Mountain Public Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.