Morning Show Host/ Digital Content Writer – KUAD (K99)
Morning Show Host/ Digital Content Writer - KUAD 99.1 - Fort Collins, CO
*This is a Full-time in-office position working closely and collaboratively with a Team*
Townsquare Media Fort Collins has an open opportunity for a Radio Host & Digital Content Writer for our 99.1-FM new country brand. We're looking for a country music enthusiast, strong content creator and someone to be the champion of the station on the streets - you must be a 360 talent to propel the brand to new heights.
Townsquare is a digital-first company, built in tandem with great radio brands that emphasize great local content and community involvement. You must be excited to embrace and prioritize the digital world alongside the terrestrial and be ready to learn and grow with a world-class team.
Applicants must be social media savvy, regularly contribute great local content to the station's website, mobile app, and all social platforms. Digital is not an afterthought at Townsquare Media, it is part of our DNA - and what sets us apart.
The successful candidate must be able to connect and engage with the station's target audience on all platforms. You're ready to put down roots, build community relationships and become a part of a community - at a driven and inventive company that strongly values our most important asset - our people. We're looking for someone that's ready to build and be part of the future of Townsquare Media.
- Host daily drive program and be live on air Monday - Friday.
- Spend time each day doing daily show prep.
- Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air, via digital content, and social media outlets.
- Publish a minimum of 2 original local articles per day on the station website and mobile app.
- Write assigned Facebook posts along with other social media platforms.
- Conducts on-air interviews, attends and assists in all market cluster live events, and produces commercials on a daily basis.
- Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assist in special promotions and programming activities.
- Assist Brand Manager and Director of Content on various projects aimed at improving the quality of our brands and events
- Assist Brand Manager, Director of Content and Market President in building a high performing team that is
positive and professional
- Working with the Brand Manager, contribute to the vision, Leadership, and Management for 99.1 Country Brand
- Participate in regular strategy and brainstorming sessions with station leadership and sales team
- History of original written digital content or able to prove an ability to write original content
- Knowledge of basic FCC rules and regulations.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels, multi-task, and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Proficiency in Zetta and Adobe Audition.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.
- PTO accrued through the year plus company holidays off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteering