Part-Time On-Air Personality, THE DROP
Part-Time On-Air Personality
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. (RMPM) is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop. Over a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
104.7 THE DROP "The People's Station for Hip-Hop & R&B" is looking for part time on-air personalities to support our team in providing live and local music and content to the Denver community. In addition to cultivating a compelling on-air shift complete with old school classics, new vibe music vibe music, and hot independent artists, 104.7 THE DROP's on-air personalities will also promote informational segments, conduct interviews, provide voice-overs, and more. This role will serve as an on-air, digital and event personality. Hours range from 4 - 10 hours per week; must be available Monday-Sunday during prime-time shifts (6a-12a), and additional shifts (fill-in, remote appearances, etc.) as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for compelling on-air shifts on 104.7 THE DROP complete with music, informational segments, voice-overs, and more
- Edits digital audio, hosts radio content, and interacts with listeners
- Conducts effective Show Prep - from selecting songs to play, to building show outlines, researching music and artists, and searching for interesting stories, and coming up with relevant and timely content for listeners
- Executes well-prepared 4-5 hour on-air shows; services the radio station and its dayparts
- Plays all commercials as scheduled and maintains a commercial log
- Supports the team with ad downloads and other behind-the scenes duties
- Other tasks as assigned and/or required
- Flexibility to work any shift, including weekends and holidays as needed
- Broadcast related experience. A mix of demonstrated skills, abilities and knowledge will be considered
- A minimum of 2 years of professional on-air hosting experience requires
- A minimum of 2 years of experience using social media and digital media including but not limited to Facebook live, Instagram live, YouTube, SnapChat, TikTok, various apps and website such as Wordpress.
- Knowledge of station shows and music; specifically hip hop, R&B, reggae, world music, reggaeton, jazz, etc.
- Knowledge of automation operating system (specifically Wide Orbit)
- Knowledge of music scheduling operating systems (specifically MusicMaster)
- Strong speaking ability/voice, as well as interviewing ability
- Ability to carry out sales segments as assigned
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, and other office equipment. Knowledge of computer systems and applications (both Microsoft Office and Mac)
- Knowledge of digital audio board
- Ability digitally edit audio
- Record/Edit/playback remote broadcasts
- Voicing and editing underwriting copy
- Must be able to work both independently and as a collaborative and productive team member. Must work professionally and collaboratively and help foster a team environment with co-workers
- Must possess strong interpersonal and interviewing skills, and the ability to work collaboratively and productively with persons at all levels.
- Must possess exceptional time management, decision making, judgement, and organizational skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with an ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and work within established budgets.
- Must have reliable transportation
- We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. We're committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce. If you're excited about this role, feel a passion for our mission, this feels like it could be your dream job, but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply!
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at
https://rmpbs.isolvedhire.com/jobs/ and please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, and employment experience.
Position will be posted until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio.
This position works primarily in office, studio, editing, and/or field environments. This position must be able to work a flexible schedule with occasionally long hours including some evenings and weekends. Must be able to travel throughout the state and beyond, on occasion. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the ability to lift and carry production equipment up to 50 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rocky Mountain Public Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, Rocky Mountain Public Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.