Partnership Development Specialist
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. (RMPM) is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop. Over a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
In coordination with the Western Colorado Regional Director, the Partnership Development Specialist is responsible for supporting and continuously increasing Rocky Mountain Public Media impact, relevance and revenue through building and maintaining creative, long-term, local relationships and partnerships. The Partnership Development Specialist will identify and steward community partnerships that further the RMPM mission where all Coloradoans can feel seen and heard. Job duties include the prospecting of new business partners leading to the successful sale of on-air messages, input in and execution of regional fundraising packages, online ads, sponsorship of outreach events and other KUVO Jazz (89.3), THE DROP (104.7), Rocky Mountain PBS, World, Create and related digital products. The position develops new business and relationships while providing continuing relationship management through a consultative "value-aligned partnership" approach. The Partnership Development Specialist is also expected to support the Underwriting and Philanthropy departments with client/donor/market research, proposal building, traffic instructions, stewardship, and other administrative duties as needed. They will also support the RMPM goal of adding members through relevant local events, partnerships and engagement activities.
The ideal candidate enjoys building new relationships, listening, and eager for growth opportunities within Rocky Mountain Public Media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains productive revenue pipeline through prospecting, research, meetings, proposals and networking and updates all in Salesforce
- Responsible for managing the generation of new and existing Corporate Partnerships.
- Identifies and stewards community partnerships that further the RMPM mission and align with the vision of all Coloradoans feeling seen and heard
- Utilizes their experience and relationships in the region to drive revenue
- Drafts and finalizes underwriting agreements including schedules and costs
- Maintains own, and helps support team's, account records, traffic orders, receivables, database input and tracking in Salesforce
- Provides outstanding customer service and communication to all clients, donors, members, vendors and internal staff
- Qualifies client copy points, and writes copy that adheres to RMPM and FCC guidelines
- Ensures timely collection of accounts receivable when needed
- Keeps Western Colorado Regional Director updated on account and prospect status through weekly meetings, weekly reports and phone calls
- Attends sales team meetings to ensure annual individual and team goals are met
- Works collaboratively with all departments to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donor prospects with the support of the Philanthropy team including individuals, corporations, and foundations where opportunities may exist
- Provides customer service as the local (Western Colorado) station receptionist and viewer services
- Actively participates in RMPM's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) training program. Uses key standards and teachings of DEI training in all aspects of their work.
- Represents KUVO Jazz (89.3), THE DROP (104.7) and Rocky Mountain PBS with values-aligned behavior at all times
- Support local events and engagements activities as assigned
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience/success in sales, marketing, fundraising, or related business
- Relationship-oriented with proven revenue-generating abilities
- Must be proficient at presenting and selling the value of KUVO Jazz (89.3), THE DROP (104.7) and Rocky Mountain PBS and is knowledgeable about other media options and the Colorado media landscape
- Exceptional productivity, communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively and be highly goal-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to conduct successful collaborations, revenue campaigns, and deal directly with the public
- Must be able to cultivate new business relationships, build proposals and close sales
- Must be skilled at identifying and overcoming sales objections and comfortable with assessing account needs and providing solutions
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the communities served by RMPM in Colorado
- Experience in identifying and developing new business relationships and partnerships in Western Colorado
- Proven media sales, philanthropic business development and/or grant-writing experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to represent RMPM with a positive, community-oriented attitude
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments to accomplish mission
- Ability to prioritize projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of Salesforce, Microsoft office suite, Outlook, CRM database
- Ability to operate remote communication tools (teleconferencing, Zoom, conference call bridges, etc.).
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. We're committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce. If you're excited about this role, feel a passion for our mission, this feels like it could be your dream job, but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply!
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at
https://www.rmpbs.org/about/jobs/ and please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, and employment experience.
Position will be posted until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Weekend and evening hours may occasionally be required.
Rocky Mountain Public Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, Rocky Mountain Public Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.