Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. (RMPM) is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop. Over a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
The Philanthropy Associate is a strategic member of the Philanthropy team. The position assists the team with stewarding and cultivating donors capable of making formidable investments. This role is responsible for administrative support to the Philanthropy team in the planning, coordinating, and implementation of annual and capital fundraising efforts. The Associate will provide support around cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new and current mid-level and major gift donors to strengthen the major gift pipeline and support the work of the front-line fundraisers. The associate will receive training in mid-level and major gifts fundraising. The position reports to the Director of Philanthropy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the acknowledgment process of all gifts and pledges for the Philanthropy team and prepares pledge payment reminders and gift agreements. Collaborates with the Philanthropy team and the Executive Office to thank donors through the donor acknowledgement process.
- Prepares gift agreements and documents to assist in closing gifts, and by supporting the drafting correspondence and authoring donor stewardship materials.
- Conducts in-depth prospect research and prepares detailed profiles on prospective and current donors and partners for the CEO and Philanthropy team using Donor Search and other sources.
- Collaborates with Philanthropy team members to implement mid and major donor cultivation and stewardship plans. Proactively supports Philanthropy team with administrative tasks such as gathering materials ahead of a mailing, puts together stewardship and cultivation packets for donor tours, reviews a monthly list of new donor prospects for the team.
- In a project manager role, collaborates within and across the Philanthropy team. Serves as primary point person on Philanthropy team for station pledge process.
- Communicates with donors and conducts thank you calls to supporters weekly. Responds to requests for general assistance from mid-level and major gift donors
- Partners with events and engagement team to manage coordination for virtual and in-person Philanthropy events. Oversees the events process including coordination of invite language, partners with Audience Services to create marketing materials, pulls reports and invitation lists, develops event show flow, maintains RSVP lists, communicates with digital marketing to coordinate, sends out invitations, and manages event reminders and follow up. Additionally, assists in coordinating with event participants and other Rocky Mountain Public Media departments.
- Tracks and documents all bequests and planned giving notifications; provides required follow up with personal representatives for the processing of bequests and planned gifts.
- Other tasks as assigned and/or required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
- Minimum 2 years' experience and knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is a plus.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and serve as a project manager.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Strong communication skills, customer service skills/focus, and relationship management skills are required.
- Knowledge of and prior usage of Office365 applications, including SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Strong analytical and computer and cloud-based application skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint), Zoom, and CRM software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
- Must be a forward-thinking and strategic worker who anticipates the needs of a fast-paced fundraising team.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a collaborative and productive team member.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally and productively with people at all levels. Strong relationship-building skills and being comfortable calling donors and thanking them for their gifts is needed.
- Must possess exceptional time management, decision making, and organizational skills.
- Experience with prospect research, online databases, and other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information is preferred.
- Experience with CRM (Customer/Constituent Relationship Management) software and reporting preferred.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. We're committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce. If you're excited about this role, feel a passion for our mission, this feels like it could be your dream job, but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply!
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at
https://rmpbs.isolvedhire.com/jobs/ and please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, and employment experience.
Position will be posted until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio.
This position works primarily in an office environment. This position must be able to work a flexible schedule with occasionally long hours including some evenings and weekends. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rocky Mountain Public Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, Rocky Mountain Public Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.