Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
WHO WE ARE:
Bonneville International is an integrated media company, providing advertising and digital marketing solutions across 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. As a leader in broadcasting and advertising for over 50 years, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
The Promotions Director will direct the activities of the promotions staff, engage in the planning and execution of station promotions, sales promotions and events. This leader will also work cross departmentally to plan and execute promotional campaigns designed to drive ratings, revenue, and enhance the image and reputation of the Bonneville Denver radio group in the community.
THE BONNEVILLE EXPERIENCE:
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
- Continuous growth and development training
- Generous PTO policy in addition to paid holidays
- Extraordinary benefits such as a 401k with matching, with no waiting period
- 100% employer-funded retirement account, immediately 100% vested
- High value health care plans at low prices (Medical, Dental, Disability, FSA, Vision)
- We are focused on contributing to the communities we work in. We encourage our employees through initiatives such as matching for personal charitable giving and fundraising and paid volunteer hours.
- Oversee proper execution of station events, promotional project management, timelines, and inventory
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, and manage promotions department staff
- Lead promotions administrative functions including managing and updating V-Promo, the promotions calendar, promotions budget, assets and expenses
- Assists the sales and promotions department with daily activities that promote the station(s) clients or events
- Collaborate with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as remote broadcasts, events, van hits and other street team activities from start to finish
- Execute on-site promotions handling clients and listeners
- Coordinate and attend weekly Promotions and Sales meetings as necessary
- Coordinate and attend client meetings with sellers and sales managers as needed to plan events and event logistics
- Work with Sales Managers to create sales opportunities on all stations
- Work with Program Directors to help increase listenership
- Work with Program Directors and Sales Managers to develop rules for on-air and client contesting
- Responsible for Community Relations and ensuring the proper outside image of all Bonneville Denver stations, i.e., appearance of promotion staff, signage, and station presence displayed to the maximum potential with the resources available
- Drive and maintain promotional vehicle fleet
- Protect the company through strict adherence to signed agreements of all station promotions and events, serving as Legal Liaison to ensure that all corporate legal requirements are met
- Adhere to all FCC rules as well as Bonneville regulations regarding contesting, contest rules, promotional announcement compliance with company policy
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred and/or equivalent experience and training
- 5+ years experience in promotions or marketing
- Ability to learn new technologies and remain on the forefront of digital innovation as it pertains to the broadcast industry.
- Experience leading and managing a team of employees and supervisors; proven delegation, problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Experience in developing and managing a departmental budget.
- Experience with web content creation and maintenance as well as social media management.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to initiate and work independently, if necessary, and operate effectively in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent organization of detail & project completion required.
- Experience with event management, including logistical coordination, and execution.
- Project appropriate company image with respect to dress and demeanor and work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, listeners, vendors and clients.
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret statistical data and draw conclusions from finding and follow-through.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision, confidential information and be a self-starter.
- A high level of proficiency with computers, software and new technologies.
- Highly familiar with the benefits and shortcomings of all types of media including, but not limited to “heritage” media as well as all types of current and emerging social and digital media.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to serious liability risks.
- Possess excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
HIRING COMPENSATION RANGE: $45K - $60K Determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
To learn more about how our local media matters and to join our growing team, visit: https://bonneville.com/
As a media company, we are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients that we serve. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities, and we believe that empowering all our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.