Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Deseret Management Corporation (DMC) is a for-profit arm of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All DMC companies operate under a unified mission, which is “to be a trusted source of light and knowledge influencing hundreds of millions of people worldwide.” DMC focuses on providing content and services through all its media and service offerings that are consistent with this mission by treating all with dignity, respect, humility, and integrity.
Deseret Management Corporation was organized in 1966. Today it owns and oversees life insurance, media, and hospitality businesses including Beneficial Life Insurance Company, Bonneville Communications (Boncom), Bonneville International, Deseret Book, Deseret Digital Media (DDM), Deseret News, and Temple Square Hospitality. As a media organization, we have a responsibility to uphold the trust of readers, listeners, and viewers around the world.
POSITION TITLE: Software Developer – Deseret Management Corporation
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Application Services
- A Bachelor’s degree and three years of programming experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field is preferred
- Programming experience must include fluency in procedural, object-oriented, and functional programming concepts, and experience in at least two of the following:
- Three years of experience with an RDBMS and SQL is preferred
- Experience in the design and programming of computer applications in a team-oriented environment is required
- Experience with web development is preferred
- Work experience in business and/or accounting systems is preferred
To provide exceptional service to the DMC family of employees through excellent teamwork and collaboration. The Deseret Management Corporation IT team provides application services for many of its subsidiaries Developer will need to collaborate and work effectively with cross-company teams.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work with business users to create and implement business solutions for the organization.
- Assumes responsibility for difficult programming tasks.
- Provides for the maintainability of systems by creating program documentation and operating instructions.
- Consults on the best method for implementing requested changes to existing systems by analyzing the requested changes in terms of their effects on current programs.
- Effectively resolves programming problems by conducting a thorough analysis of the system and employing appropriate debugging techniques.
- Contributes to the overall success of the database management system by participating in the development of SQL queries, tables, functions, procedures, packages, and triggers.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, and attending professional development courses.
- Contributes to the overall success of the organization by performing all other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Good organizational, prioritization, and time-management skills
- Fluency in procedural, object-oriented, and functional programming concepts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for organizational or process improvement
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Proven ability to handle stress
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works when necessary to meet deadlines or resolve issues, which may include weekends, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients
SOME OF THE THINGS WE OFFER:
Competitive wages, complimentary parking or UTA pass (and fast transit access), and a strong benefits package including:
- Health (medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, etc.) insurance
- 401(k) savings with company match
- Retirement savings plans, with company match
- Paid Sick and Paid Vacation plan
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Up to 12 paid holidays per year
- Financial planning resources
- Employee assistance program
- Living healthy incentive program
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.