Colorado Springs, CO
Traffic Coordinator, Technical Asst. Part-time, approximately 20 hours per week– Cheyenne Mountain Public Broadcast House, Inc. dba Classical KCME and Jazz 93.5 FM, serving Colorado Springs and Southern Colorado for over 40 years, is seeking a Traffic Coordinator/Technical Assistant. This is a great opportunity to join our team in an administrative position and learn about broadcast radio operations. This position allows for our new team member to have flexibility in their hours and learn about the exciting world of broadcasting. Previous broadcasting experience is not required. Attention to detail and computer database experience will give you great success in this position.
Position Responsibilities as Traffic Coordinator / Technical Asst.: will include, but are not limited to:
- Using Allegiance scheduling software to perform scheduling of all Corporate Sponsor (underwriting) and all on-air promos.
- Produce the daily traffic log.
- Maintain the master schedule, avoiding business-type conflicts and scheduling restrictions, including special on-air programming.
- Work closely with Operations Manager and Corporate Sales Representatives to ensure compliance with each sponsor’s contract terms, coordinating changes in scheduling and on-air copy as necessary.
- Assists with writing on-air copy, as needed, for underwriters, coordinating with Corp Sales Reps, Programing Directors and Operations Director, adhering to FCC underwriting language rules and station policy, including PSAs.
- Coordinate with Operations Director and Programming Directors for promo production with the appropriate voice.
- Create printed calendars for underwriters, showing their monthly spot schedule.
- Maintain files for all corporate underwriters, including current and previous contracts, on-air copy and schedules.
- Assist in all phases of annual fund drive operations regarding traffic.
- Reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
- Assist Operations Director with technical needs for remotes and special events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Director or General Manager.
The traffic coordinator, report coordinator is a part-time position. You will receive an hourly compensation of $15.00 per hour, for a combined total of hours of approximately 20 hours per week, part-time. Hours may be more during the on-air drive weeks or year-end for traffic coordinator needs.