KDVR/KWGN -- Denver
Are you a rockstar on the anchor desk? Someone who delivers news with accuracy, urgency, and impact?
Are you a creative storyteller that’s good at tracking down and digging out exclusive news in your market?
Are you ready to take your talent to the next level, in a vibrant city with a fantastic work-life balance?
KDVR/KWGN, the Nexstar-owned FOX/CW duopoly in Denver, Colorado, is seeking an experienced weekend evening news anchor/reporter.
We are looking for an authentic, dynamic, engaging talent who can connect with an audience on all platforms. You should be a newsroom leader who is a self-starter, a good newsroom citizen and an advocate for the viewer. We are looking for an experienced anchor who thrives on bringing value to our local audience, drives important and breaking news and does quality in-depth reporting.
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills, and the ability to tell memorable stories. You must have a track record of enterprising stories and winning the day.
- Conversational anchor skills, ability to adlib with ease and connect audiences through professionalism and personality
- Covers “day-of” news in accordance with station brand initiatives and audience content priorities
- Works with producers and writers to improve newscasts
- Engage with audience on all relevant digital platforms
- Represents station at public events
- Minimum of 5 years of on-air experience
- Minimum of 3 years of anchoring experience required
- Past anchoring and reporting experience required
- Proven track record of leadership and newscast ratings growth
- Strong journalistic ethics
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and work a flexible schedule
- Degree in Journalism or related field
Salary: $85K -- $110K Based on Experience
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn or at the Nexstar Website at:https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. To be considered for this job you must apply online. No Calls
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check